Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cruise Control Help

I have a new V-Ride, and can't seem to get the Cruise Control to turn on. The owners manual instructions seem simple enough, "push the cruise button twice". However, when I try it the control just switched from the cruise mode to the RMP mode and stays off. Any suggestions, or is it a computer issue the dealer needs to look into?

Yes....first the cruise button once for mph and then the red button to turn it on or off if need be. If you want rpm mode, then you push the cruise button twice and then the red button. In other words, the cruise button chooses the mode for you and the red button is the on/off button.

What I can't figure out is out to turn it on underway. My dealer was riding with me once and did it for me. I have not been able to make it happen again.

What I can't figure out is out to turn it on underway. My dealer was riding with me once and did it for me. I have not been able to make it happen again.

If this is possible I would like to know how. I have to turn mine on when in neutral. Maybe I should read the manual.....nah....it is easier to wait for someone else to respond to this!

Ken

I know you have to either be stopped or going below a certain speed/rpm to get it to turn on. I have actually forgotten to turn it on a couple of times when pulling a friend and was able to power down a little, hit the red button, and power back up again. You should have seen the look on his face ! Crazy.gif It's ok though because later he was towing me and did the same thing!

I know you have to either be stopped or going below a certain speed/rpm to get it to turn on. I have actually forgotten to turn it on a couple of times when pulling a friend and was able to power down a little, hit the red button, and power back up again. You should have seen the look on his face ! Crazy.gif It's ok though because later he was towing me and did the same thing!

Had the same questions. Just figured after messing around, that it had to be turned on before accelerating. Wondering if that can be adjusted in the "set-up" menu? Any body know?

When my dealer did it I was going 23. He is suppose to show me again. I also had an ECM upgrade that might have effected that functionality.

Edited by larrys

I think you're all on to something with the red button. It's too bad the owners booklet doesn't mention it. I also got a reply from a friend who said it will only engage while at idle. However, having never used it, once the cruise control is engaged will throttling down override it, or do you have to have a quick finger and push the little red button again?

I think you're all on to something with the red button. It's too bad the owners booklet doesn't mention it. I also got a reply from a friend who said it will only engage while at idle. However, having never used it, once the cruise control is engaged will throttling down override it, or do you have to have a quick finger and push the little red button again?

On mine, it's press the cruise button which alows the mph to be set, then the red button to turn it on. I think it says speed control on/off each time you press the red button. (toggles). Pressing the red button to turn the speed control on is usually done while the rider is getting ready and we are idling. However, I have forgotten to before and pulled the rider up. Once realizing my mistake I have been able to throttle back, hit the red button once, and throttle back up again. It can be done without dropping the rider....just a little annoying for them. Much less annoying, however, then having the speed vary while being pulled! I assume there is a certain speed/rpm that the boat must drop below in order to switch the cruise on while underway. I would assume that you could turn the cruise off in the same manner if so desired but haven't tried it. The best thing of course is to remember to set it before you take off.

Hope this helps!

Bingo. It works just like Perfect Pass in this sense, just pull back on the throttle to disengage the system.

Wakegirl, the way I see it, it does not disengage in the sense that you can pick up a skier and go back to the set speed without toggling, but if you mean that if you cut the trottle the speed will not be increased passed the trottle position, then you are right. I see it more like a RPM/SPEED limiter, in the sense that it does not accelerate as a automobile cruise controle does, put limits the RPM/SPEED to what it has been set to.

One thing I noticed, is that you can change the speed setting while engaged/running in MPH mode, but you cannot change the RPM setting when in RPM mode unless you toggle to off at idle.

I used the RPM mode for my break-in periode to make sure that I didn't get caught-up in the exitement and accidentelly WOT... Innocent.gif

Exactly, although we have been able to change the rpm settings on the fly (while engaged), just as you can with Perfect Pass. I don't like the fact that you can't accelerate past the set point, that's a safety concern IMO.