Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tow rig is gone, looking for a replacement

Raimie

We are going with the neighbors esclade. 07, std length. Price and condition is great. Deal made with a handshake but we won't actually purchase until she gets her new ride. I'll post up some pics when we get it!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

so...how do you like it? I'll be needing a change next season.

Honestly, it's a little fancy for us. We would prefer the suburban/Tahoe. It is really nice, but we get a lot of comments on it that are annoying. It tows the boat fine, but we hardly ever tow it since it lives on the hoist most of the time. The ride is nice and pretty quiet. The engine is FANTASTIC. Tons of power and acceleration. We are taking it up to Nubs this weekend. I know that we are going to miss the extended length that we had with the burb (really only an issue with when the 3rd row is deployed). Going to have to use a hitch rack to get everything up there.

Also...fuel economy has proven to be excellent compared to the '02 Suburban. (17 mpg on average vs. 10 on the 3/4 ton burb)

Edited by Raimie

Honestly, it's a little fancy for us. We would prefer the suburban/Tahoe. It is really nice, but we get a lot of comments on it that are annoying. It tows the boat fine, but we hardly ever tow it since it lives on the hoist most of the time. The ride is nice and pretty quiet. The engine is FANTASTIC. Tons of power and acceleration. We are taking it up to Nubs this weekend. I know that we are going to miss the extended length that we had with the burb (really only an issue with when the 3rd row is deployed). Going to have to use a hitch rack to get everything up there.

Also...fuel economy has proven to be excellent compared to the '02 Suburban. (17 mpg on average vs. 10 on the 3/4 ton burb)

I hear ya. I have an 05 escalade EXT and get more than my share of ooohs and aaahs that can be annoying at times. I also learned that EVERYTHING on a caddy is more expensive to replace than other GM brands. I'll probably be going suburban/yukon.

Have fun at nubs! we're at crystal in mid feb.

I hear ya. I have an 05 escalade EXT and get more than my share of ooohs and aaahs that can be annoying at times. I also learned that EVERYTHING on a caddy is more expensive to replace than other GM brands. I'll probably be going suburban/yukon.

Have fun at nubs! we're at crystal in mid feb.

New or used?

We had a hard time finding a good used suburban / Yukon for a decent price.

We had an '04 Expy with IRS and no load leveling and never had a problem with that aspect of the truck. Pulled our Bu home from IL and our other boat from MI. Other than the thing rusting at audible speeds, and deplorable 5.4 performance, it was a pretty decent truck.

• Like 2

New or used?

We had a hard time finding a good used suburban / Yukon for a decent price.

I got lucky and found an 07 with a blown motor for 3k and dropped a junkyard engine in it. Took a week but 4k for a 2007 is 4k for a 2007. Nav and everything...

How do you find towing in AWD in the escalade compared to 4WD (in rear wheel mode for towing)?

I have a friend with a 2007 full size escalade and comments aside, the wood trim, more powerful motor, and larger nav screens really are an upgrade over the suburban/tahoe.

During:

84ed5395c3184b858e77c89b6ef7dbac.png

After (my son liked it i guess):

c4bdd09f6cf9a8d29c0952edde5c3866.png

You missed out on a deal, my son is selling his 2013 GMC Denali HD 2500 with 6.6 litre Duramax, 64,600 miles (104,000 kms). Every option except rear seat DVD. Has custom led light bar and locking cover. 48,000 cdn (~$34,900 USD).

Fly to Alberta buy a truck and a boat with your premium USD and save a bundle.

side%20view.jpg

front%20driver%20side.jpg

You missed out on a deal, my son is selling his 2013 GMC Denali HD 2500 with 6.6 litre Duramax, 64,600 miles (104,000 kms). Every option except rear seat DVD. Has custom led light bar and locking cover. 48,000 cdn (~$34,900 USD).

Fly to Alberta buy a truck and a boat with your premium USD and save a bundle.

side%20view.jpg

front%20driver%20side.jpg

I work in sales. Based on my customers experience I am guessing oil collapse forces sale?

I work in sales. Based on my customers experience I am guessing oil collapse forces sale?

there is no doubt the citizens of Alberta are getting a reality check right now and it is not fun. We actually hate seeing fuel prices this low.