Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
roadbkrkv1

New Phase5 Scamp for Kids?

roadbkrkv1

Just curious if anyone picked up a newer model Phase5 Scamp (3 fin set-up) for their kids and if they're happy with their purchase??

VTXcess

I purchased one for my daughter last season. 11 years old and about 65 pounds. She was really struggling to get up with our bigger boards which usually led to her giving up. She wasn't strong/heavy enough to flip the board. We bought the scamp and she immediately had success getting up. As a side note; I have a 15 year old who is still riding it too. So, it's good up to 110 pounds for sure. Definitely worth the investment to get the little kids surfing on their own. Nothing but smiles for us!!

vaporbluebu

We recently bought one as well and have taken it out the last couple times and kids love it. Easy to get flip up and get up on. Very happy with it so far.

Jbort

very good board for little kiddos

Sunscape fan

My 9 year old daughter really wants to try surfing...as well as wakeboarding. But my surf board is too big for her. Is the phase 5 scamp the only kids board that is made? I haven't seen any others.

roadbkrkv1

Thanks everyone! I did pick one up for my girls. They are so excited to try surfing!

shawndoggy

Wakemitch has also had a lot of good things to say about the Victoria debut.

We had the old scamp (single fin) and it was great. I'd imagine the three fun version is super stable.