Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pull up pylon

hyperlitenerd

Our pull up pylon will not come up any more. It is stuck down :(. Has this happened to anyone else? I've looked that the whole thing, and I can not see what it is stuck on... any help would be great!

It happened to mine. When I tried to explain it the dealer acter like I was speaking Greek. I took it to another dealer and they fixed it. I tried oiling it and #$@?+? It has worked fine since. Good luck! KC

Chris: Mine too.

I took it to Cope, they sanded the polymer liner. But it swelled again, and it stuck again. Well, it worked for a little while, but it soon got stuck again.

It's on the to-do list for when I take it back.

KTC - what dealer fixed it?

Our pull up pylon will not come up any more. It is stuck down :(. Has this happened to anyone else? I've looked that the whole thing, and I can not see what it is stuck on... any help would be great!

I've heard that is is mostly mental though... don't be so hard on yourself and it'll come back up when it is ready.

have you tried consulting the snapple? Dontknow.gif

ha-ha, they dont have my flavor of snaple any more :(, so no.

The thing is that we use it maybe every 5th outing, when someone wants to tube, but we just could not get it up.

The thing is that we use it maybe every 5th outing, when someone wants to tube, but we just could not get it up.

I firmly believe that if you use it more frequently, you'll have better luck getting it up when the time is right... Whistling.gif

Chatham- SVM fixed it! Running down special order parts, servicing the boat, customer service 101, those peeps do a great job! And, I am picky, so compliments are few and far between. KC

I firmly believe that if you use it more frequently, you'll have better luck getting it up when the time is right... Whistling.gif

hahahaha ROFL.gif remember when ever you do use it, always wear protection.

Edited by hyperlitenerd

sounds like you've got some swelling going on somewhere... which usually means it's up already but... Dontknow.gif

Actually, I've heard this has been a problem with prior year's boats. Not sure what was done to address it, if anything.

If it is swollen in the fully extended posistion, this would be cause for greater concern. After four hours, infection and gangerene become distinct possibilities. Shocking.gif

Edited by LS-One

I've heard that is is mostly mental though... don't be so hard on yourself and it'll come back up when it is ready.

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

sounds like you've got some swelling going on somewhere... which usually means it's up already but... Dontknow.gif

Actually, I've heard this has been a problem with prior year's boats. Not sure what was done to address it, if anything.

If it is swollen in the fully extended posistion, this would cause for greater concern. After four hours, infection and gangerene become distinct possibilities. Shocking.gif

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Edited by jetskipro550
If it is swollen in the fully extended posistion, this would cause for greater concern. After four hours, infection and gangerene become distinct possibilities. Shocking.gif

Gangerene? Shocking.gif

Gangerene? Shocking.gif

It's like a tangelo, only worse.

ROFL.gif

Gangerene? Shocking.gif

It's like a tangelo, only worse.

Some fresh mango and I think you'll feel it move. Biggrin.gif

I'm sure you've now got more than enough helpful responses.. but it just dawned on me

.. you weren't in cold water were you? Dontknow.gif

The sleeve swells.

I was able to get my pylon to the up position this weekend, but once the kids were on the trunk and water got all around it I wasn't able to put it down. Until the next day, and that was only while standing on top of it.