Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NEW Board Racks for "Boat Lifts" ?

The Hulk

They have been moved in so the middle part of boat or the widest part only has about 1in on each side or less so that you can not angle the boat enought sideways in a manor to rip graphics from the angle of haul up to rub rails. Or I u come in at an angle it automatically straightens u up. Think of it as a wife proof bumper car set up!

I could move those guides out another 6" on each side but still the vertical boat lift/canopy posts inside width is only 122" and keeping guide ons tight ensure centering on lift bunks

Narrow bunks allows me to clear fins without lowering the carriage further than needed I may get 3" longer bunk supports and widen them but the are exactly copied from center bunks on trailer I as well think they are narrow bit the seem to work better there than only a bit wider but to go further I need higher bunk supports

It was simply an observation. We have ours out wider to distribute the weight. The bunks are on the outside of the chines and this helps us get the boat centered.

B0A77E0F-07B8-4D79-BA6B-0B0CB933A4B2_zps

Edited by BlknYlwT22

if i turn them inward as far as they go or until they hit the speakers then the boards stick out even further sideways from the boat, my racks are on the TOP mount G3 tower (which means they are inward) more than if i moved racks to lower mounting area.

So the stupid question I have is why you don't put the spinning racks on the lower mount? I have skis on my upper, which are not as wide, and the boards on are onthe lower mount.

So the stupid question I have is why you don't put the spinning racks on the lower mount? I have skis on my upper, which are not as wide, and the boards on are onthe lower mount.

the tower curves inward the higher it is so technically speaking the higher racks are a few inches inward compared to the lower racks, so the lower racks technically are wider yet.

the only solution i have found is to mount the surf boards in the racks "backwards" or front of boards pointing towards the back of the boat and shift them pointing backwards as far as possible so when you turn them in to the boat that "less" of the back of the boards are sticking out the side of the boat, i can clear with a few inches this way but you have to take a good note on how far back to mount the boards in the racks or if you come into the lift at an angle you'll ding your boards good.

It was simply an observation. We have ours out wider to distribute the weight. The bunks are on the outside of the chines and this helps us get the boat centered.

B0A77E0F-07B8-4D79-BA6B-0B0CB933A4B2_zps

yea my old lift was much wider like this as well but on that one it was inside of the chines and it was a PIA for finding center. but on the old lift i could not get them on the outside of the chines which would have helped.

from my experience and as you have found out it with a few other boats is the best position is either wide "outside of chines" or narrow like mine, so when the carriage comes up the boat "finds" center/level position. In my case the "V" haul part is doing the job. I'll have to see if the lift company can make me some higher bunk supports similar to yours, i suspect around 24" or so but need to measure. anyhow Nice set up!

the tower curves inward the higher it is so technically speaking the higher racks are a few inches inward compared to the lower racks, so the lower racks technically are wider yet.

the only solution i have found is to mount the surf boards in the racks "backwards" or front of boards pointing towards the back of the boat and shift them pointing backwards as far as possible so when you turn them in to the boat that "less" of the back of the boards are sticking out the side of the boat, i can clear with a few inches this way but you have to take a good note on how far back to mount the boards in the racks or if you come into the lift at an angle you'll ding your boards good.

Yes, I know, we have the same tower. But in the lower position, the racks will spin all of hte way inwards wtihout hitting the speakers.

Even with a 23 you can leave them on the floor. I leave mine in under the cover on weekends.

I made it to shasta and back (500 miles of driving) with 5 wakeboards, 5 surfboards, and one wakeskate on the floor. Hulk seems to be sponsored by firstworldproblems.com.

• Like 2

i'm "simulated" it but i have dual speaker so not the case since the boards have to go into the "wider" top slots, it might work if i could put the board on the bottom of the two forks, and move to lower rack it might miss the speaker at that point , not sure..i'll measure tonight, i'll check perhaps i can flip the forks around so the wider of the two is at the bottom, but i doubt it thinking of the bolt pattern on them.

i'm "simulated" it but i have dual speaker so not the case since the boards have to go into the "wider" top slots, it might work if i could put the board on the bottom of the two forks, and move to lower rack it might miss the speaker at that point , not sure..i'll measure tonight, i'll check perhaps i can flip the forks around so the wider of the two is at the bottom, but i doubt it thinking of the bolt pattern on them.

Well, the rear racks are also farther back, so they are a bit to the rear of the speaker. I haven't tried it, yet, as I just hit about 9.5 hours this weekend, so I haven't had anyone bigger than my kids behind the boat, yet. But here is a visual for the board in relation to the dual speakers.

20150629_122809_zpswjg31ydk.jpg

i'll have to grab a few beers and an a wrench to give it a try! would be nice if i could just put the bottom speaker on the OUTSIDE as well since i always hit my head on it!

Edited by The Hulk