Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Ladder

mniba1

• 6 months later...
On August 6, 2015 at 9:47 PM, jdiaz78 said:

The ladder was 130 bucks on Amazon. The cleaning supplies and stainless steel hardware was about 20 bucks. The pad was covered under warranty as it was pulling up and ripping in the corner.

Where is the best place to order a pad if your warranty is no longer in effect?

would it be bad if you drilled over pad?

what model is the ladder you found on amazon?

Thanks

Windline SM-3XOC  This model has the urethane strap to hold the ladder in place when not is use.  Mine is mounted to the underside of my teak platform.  I did not use thru bolts but did weld on an additional tab so that I could use additional screws and lag bolts.   I have had no issues with the wake or with the ladder in the last three years.

Please ignore the shape that the teak is in, I haven't refreshed it for this year yet.  

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2658.JPG

10 hours ago, Chefkmass said:

Where is the best place to order a pad if your warranty is no longer in effect?

would it be bad if you drilled over pad?

what model is the ladder you found on amazon?

Thanks

You could likely order a pad from either GatorStep or SeaDek.

I have the GatorStep on the deck of my Malibu and I ordered a swim platform pad on my old boat from SeaDek.  I would say they are both quality products, but GatorStep was much more responsive and easier to work with.