Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Ladder

mniba1

I'm curious if anyone ordered the ladder on their 15' or any other recent year. If so, any pics and do you like it or is there a aftermarket ladder that you would recommend. Thanks

I had one on my 13 VLX and also have it on the new 15 VLX. (Sorry no pics) It comes in very handy. I decided to go with factory as I didn't want to deal with drilling into the swim platform.

I don't know if this is what you're asking but we Use the bow ladder on our MXZ all the time. Kids love it as it creates a swim area/diving board off the front while parents relax out back. Highly recommend but means you have to buy an MXZ, the best Malibu anyway.

Just remember to pull it up before hitting the throttle. I hear it's very embarrassing to pull up to the hangout spot with it hanging down spewing water...not that I would know...jus what I hear.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone has photos.

I am interested in some sort of a boarding ladder that would be under the swim platform, but not interfere with the top of the platform.

My 74 year old dad sometimes goes on the boat with us, and it is very difficult for him to get up into the boat using just the platform.

Thanks MrNate. I called my dealer and was told they would need to custom fab something for me.

So, can you feel the attachment bolts at all below the platform cover?

Nate does the ladder have any effect on the surf wave? Some of the older ladders were off to the right of the platform. If you rode goofy (who does that?), it would wash it out, (pre-SG models).

I'm also curious about the surf wave and its effects. I just happen to be one of those goofy foot riders.

Edited by jdiaz78

20140509_190231_zps5777d0fb.jpg

20140509_190218_zps371e59e6.jpg

These are from last year before I installed my PNP bags, but the short story is that I don't notice any effect on the wave. It's right in the middle of the platform.

Would that ladder work on a fiberglass platform? I'm just trying to figure out how I would install one without bolts showing through on the top of the platform.

From what I can tell, they counter sunk the bolts in the platform under the pad. I think it could be done, just would require a new pad as well.

If you order your boat with it, no problem. If you install one afterwards then you do need to remove your pad, install ladder, then install new pad. My buddy just got the first Axis with a factory ladder.

• 4 weeks later...

I just pulled the pad today. ..what a pain to remove all that adhesive. I'm going to install the ladder tomorrow evening. I'll take some pictures. ..not that I can upload them!

If you order your boat with it, no problem. If you install one afterwards then you do need to remove your pad, install ladder, then install new pad. My buddy just got the first Axis with a factory ladder.

Pics?

The ladder was 130 bucks on Amazon. The cleaning supplies and stainless steel hardware was about 20 bucks. The pad was covered under warranty as it was pulling up and ripping in the corner.

Awesome. My pad is coming up too... I was hoping to get it covered under warranty as well. I think I will do this upgrade. My mom is my back-up driver when my husband isn't available so I want to make her happy!

The ladder was 130 bucks on Amazon. The cleaning supplies and stainless steel hardware was about 20 bucks. The pad was covered under warranty as it was pulling up and ripping in the corner.

Do you think an existing pad could be pealed back and glued back down? I am thinking of adding a ladder but not sure I want to risk pulling up the pad. Might just use screws and some 3m 5200 rather than bolting it on / pulling up the pad.