Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 problems with 2013 247 ballast system

beanboy

Accidentally put this in the wrong forum earlier.

1. The front ballast tank is not filling. I hear no pump turning on. Drain pump still works. The fill pump worked fine last weekend but now it won't come on. Is there a post or website that shows how many pumps our boats have and what feeds what?

All other tanks are filling fine so I'm assuming there must be 4 fill pumps (1 for each tank)?

Should I assume my front pump is bad?

2. Since I bought the boat in May, both rear ballast tanks always show full. I have 900 lb fat sacks on top and those fill and drain normally. However, it appears that once they drain the hard tanks won't drain. Water goes from gushing out the side of the boat to barely coming out once the soft tanks are empty.

Any ideas what could cause this? The rear ballast tank sensors have been checked twice and both times they were found to be functioning properly and water was found still in the rear ballast tanks.

Thanks guys!

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

The rear ballast is not draining because I believe you likely have an early built boat. The rear ballast drain pumps must thread into the hard tank with an elbow. The early built MY13 boats had a t fitting that the PNP system/sac would drain directly into the factory drain pump. This did not work. Once the sac drains the tank will not. These pumps will not move air.

To correct this the t would need to be removed and the drain pump will need to connect directly to the hard tank with only 1 elbow. The drain pump also needs to lay flat along the bottom of the boat as much as physically possible.

This is going to cause a new issue as your going to loose the 2nd drain on your sac if it exists. Cap it off.

The correction was malibu added a 2nd drain to the top of the hard tank right above the drain pump (warranty will not cover changing the tank as its a running change).

Your bow fill pump likely has a blown fuse in the power module. look under the helm. the power modules are marked with fuse locations. There will be a reason for a blown fuse, shorted wiring, trash in the pump, or seized pump. which will be located in center drain plug location beside the drivers seat. under the pie hole cover as i refer it to.

Good luck

The rear ballast is not draining because I believe you likely have an early built boat. The rear ballast drain pumps must thread into the hard tank with an elbow. The early built MY13 boats had a t fitting that the PNP system/sac would drain directly into the factory drain pump. This did not work. Once the sac drains the tank will not. These pumps will not move air.

To correct this the t would need to be removed and the drain pump will need to connect directly to the hard tank with only 1 elbow. The drain pump also needs to lay flat along the bottom of the boat as much as physically possible.

This is going to cause a new issue as your going to loose the 2nd drain on your sac if it exists. Cap it off.

The correction was malibu added a 2nd drain to the top of the hard tank right above the drain pump (warranty will not cover changing the tank as its a running change).

Your bow fill pump likely has a blown fuse in the power module. look under the helm. the power modules are marked with fuse locations. There will be a reason for a blown fuse, shorted wiring, trash in the pump, or seized pump. which will be located in center drain plug location beside the drivers seat. under the pie hole cover as i refer it to.

Good luck

Great to see a member with knowledge like Pilsner on here lending a helping hand. Thanks and welcome!