Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'15 T23 from CMS, First Impressions

EricU

I recently sold an RZ4 and the guys down at CMS (California Marine Sports) in Suisun City CA hooked me up with an off the floor metallic orange and dark grey Axis T23. This Axis has the FAE, Torque Prop, Swivel Board racks, Surfboard storage on the bimini and of course the Surf Gate.

These guys at CMS have been taking care of all my boats since I bought a Natique back in ’03. They now own this dealership and I won’t go anywhere else. Kyle from CMS took me and my son out on a Friday to test the T23 and I fell in love with it! I didn’t need the 24 footer anymore and wasn’t sure what I was going to get until the test drive. We spent a long time at Berryessa and Kyle never once rushed us.

Well, enough cheerleading for CMS, now what I love about the T23 is how damn simple it is,

1. Put boat in water
  2. Hit “Fill” on all four ballast pumps
  3. Wait til they spit over the side
  4. Drop the wedge
  5. Push the Surf Gate switch over to “Goofy”
  6. Set the cruise or whatever they call their version of PP
  7. Get in the water and surf!
  8. The wave was up above my waist without any adjustments and I had no problem surfing

I can’t wait to get someone on the boat that knows how to tune the wave!

Anyway, so far, I LOVE this boat!

The boat doesn’t have much in the way of a stereo, which is fine. That will be changing soon as Dennis Meyers who now owns Pure Audio in Fairfield CA will be giving the T23 his touch soon! Stay Tuned for THAT build! All I know yet is it involves all Exile gear, two 12s and a bunch of towers and in-boats – not to mention the super tacky white trash RGBs!!

I agree, I really like the big chunks of metal flake that they are using.

Like I said, the only things that I find wrong with it will be fixed by Dennis Meyers at Pure Audio. He did my last boat up big. I just told him on this one, to go bigger!!

Wife and I rode in your boat at the CMS event last month. It was super nice. About Dennis at Pure Audio, all I can say is, You WILL NOT be disappointed. That guy is top notch!!

I demoed a T23 this past weekend and surfed behind it. We only had the 750s in the back and no bow weight. The wave was big with decent length and could be a lot longer with bow weight. Sweet boat and comfortable too.

I have no idea.

How do I find out? I don't believe in actually reading anything that came with the boat!!

It kind of went like this,

• Wow! I love that metal flake
  • Here's the check
  • Where's the registration?
  • Is that a 2" ball?
  • I'm heading to Berryessa
  • Where does the gas go?
  • Where is the key?
  • Did I mention that I love that metal flake?
  • Where do I plug in the USB? Don't bother until Dennis at Pure Audio gets done with it...
  • Did I grab my vest????

Anyway, does the paperwork have the build date or...?

• Like 2

That's a sweet combo, I too purchased through CMS, then had Dennis go through and take care of my A24, and have nothing but good things to say.

I saw your boat at the CMS camp weekend, it's damn sexy...

Eric I also test drove that boat at the cms camp out grant took my family out I was really impressed with the wave grant said it had 3000 pounds of ballast I loved how simple it was to operate my wife loved it she didn't try surfing because pregnant we were so close to buying your boat can't wait to see what Dennis does with it

Ps I made some cup holder led rings for the axis boat I have them for the small cup holders and the standard size ones talk with Dennis I made them for when he built the axis a24 last year