Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stairs into lake - traction issues

sidekicknicholas

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but just curious if anyone has a good option for a material to make stairs into the lake out of that won't get completely slippery if submerged for 100% of the time.

Our shoreline is either rock seawall for ~200ft. and then vertical wooden seawall for ~100ft. The wood section is about a 36"-40" vertical, which is tough to get in and out, and if a dog fell in they would be screwed. I would like to add steps near where our lift is so that we can get in / out ease but not sure what to have the tread material be or covered with to keep traction even if it sits under water 100%

I don't have much for pictures at work but:

The wall / water meet like this:

vVZTuGL.jpg

11111220_10100699590388902_6507056645702

We have a wet steps ladder on our dock that can be swung into the lake. It's aluminum and coated, so lasts forever, but if it's left in the water for a week, it is slippery. The coating however makes it super easy to clean. Swing it up, wipe it off with a towel and its clean. There are metal ridges in the steps too for added traction.

Algae is slippery, unless there's a material like silicon that can prohibit it's growth, slippery is just gonna happen.

Edited by augie09

We have steps into the water that have shingles on them. First person into the water each day cleans them off with a plastic bristled brush hanging on a screw on the steps. Has worked pretty well for years. ANYTHING in the water will have algea on it and be slick unless you made the step aluminum but that might be rough on bare feet.

Why is the red speaker on the bottom on the left of the tower and on the top on the right??

That photo was from the day I brought it home ... all the tower speakers on there now are so sun-baked they're borderline worthless.

Hopefully wetsounds by next summer!

my steps are made of wood. when they are submerged for a lengthy period they are slick as snot but a good scrub brush and a few minutes is all it takes to make them safe again.

I bought the wood frames today at lunch, some indoor outdoor carpeting to cover the steps I'll attach with staples, and some hangers to mount with.... worst case is it sucks and I'm out $25.

Thanks for the input!