Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu satisfaction survey...

1FootDan

I have purchased a new 2006 Response 6 weeks ago and have not even tried it yet because the dealer damaged it with it's fork lift... Mad.gif among many other things, but that's another thread... I have just received in the mail a satisfaction survey from Malibu. What I would like to know is, has anyone ever had a bad experience with their Bu dealer and given it to them in this survey and get something positive out of it? (Other then letting out some steam) Or am I better to swallow the pill and keep a good relation with the only Bu dealer in my Province for any futur purchase? Dontknow.gif

i have never filled one out, but would suggest that if you are going to go thru the trouble of filling it out that you should be honest and factual in your answers.

Don't rant.

Your dealer should be able to deal with that.

I actually spent a good deal of time filling it out, providing what I thought were some helpful comments, and specically asked for a response from Malibu, but ended up very disappointed because they never contacted me. It wasn't like I was complaining at all. I simply had some comments, mostly positive with one or maybe two negative, and wanted to discuss one of them further.

If they aren't going to contact us anyway, then they shouldn't ask on the survey if you want to be contacted. That was back when I bought my first 'bu in 2000. I didn't even bother filling it out the next time around since they let me down the first time.

Mike

I didn't get anything out of my initial one, but I got a quick call (not e-mail) after my 6 month follow up. Jorge called me and we went over some issues I had (carpet, creaky floor). I was happy that they actually read and respond to them.

I didn't have any problems with getting my floor replaced and I don't know if its because of the survey or just that I have a good SM at my dealership.

From the dealer's perspective, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a few minutes to fill it out, and send it in.

Malibu actually just re-vamped the entire CSI system, with new surveys and I expect that you'll be able to answer/fill out the surveys online very soon, if not already.

Malibu reads each one, and often dealers will see info on them as well, which helps us know that we did a good job, try to improve, or realize that we really are floundering around.

One of the big things that we as a dealership SHOULD do that we don't currently is follow up enough with each customer to ensure things are going well. If the survey is the first place we hear about problems, we instantly know we didn't do our job and we'd better get working on it.

The other aspect is that dealers are rated on how customers respond. If all Malibu sees is bad surveys then a good dealer might be dropped down a notch.

Help your dealer improve their services.....fill out EVERY survey you get from Malibu.

And Thank You!

Peter Brown

I filled mine out last year when I bought my boat from UWS in Rancho Cordova. Our sales rep was great, but his boss, the store manager was terrible. I provided candid feedback and never got a response from malibu or UWS.

But... I still love my bu... I was just a PITA getting it!

I also was dissapointed that I took the time to fill it out, offer suggestions, and bring up some minor issues that required a response and heard nothing. Not even an acknowledgement that they recieved it let alone read it.

Edited by Troy
I filled mine out last year when I bought my boat from UWS in Rancho Cordova. Our sales rep was great, but his boss, the store manager was terrible. I provided candid feedback and never got a response from malibu or UWS.

But... I still love my bu... I was just a PITA getting it!

Shocker!

I know many people that have given them a bad review. Many people on this site have voiced their negative review of UWS RC. Yet, Malibu has done nothing. Maybe Malibu does read the surveys, but it doesn't appear to do any good.

When I bought my first Malibu in 1995, I had a terrible experience with the owner of the dealership (was located in Columbus). The boat was great but the way I was treated as a customer was terrible. When I got the survey I SLAMMED them. I wasn't worried about service because I swore I would never go back. I never did hear anything back from Malibu. It took a few years and I guess enough complaints but Malibu finally dropped them.

Luckily for me, No Wake opened up a few months later and I have given them the top ratings on my last two boats.

When I filled out my survey last year and noted a minor problem, I got a call within 2 weeks from Merced. Problem resolved in another week. I was pleased with the outcome. :)

When I filled out my survey last year and noted a minor problem, I got a call within 2 weeks from Merced. Problem resolved in another week. I was pleased with the outcome. :)

It sounds like if you have a problem that they can resolve quickly, they will get back to you right away. But if you have a problem like "i hate my dealership," I wouldn't plan on hearing back from them anytime soon.

Malibu actually just re-vamped the entire CSI system, with new surveys and I expect that you'll be able to answer/fill out the surveys online very soon, if not already.

On the survey for my 06, I was able to fill it out online - very easy.

I have filled surveys out for just about every vehicle I have purchased, some were good, some bad. As for my boat, mine was like most who bought a new Malibu, they had a list of problems at least a half page long. Plus my dealer was several hundred miles away and that was a issue also. The boat made two trips back to the factory for warranty issues. If not had been for the late Kathy Anderson, I doubt if I would have kept my boat this long. She really went out of her way to make us happy and make up for the problems and the hassle of dragging the boat to the factory twice.

I love my boat now and honestly don't have one thing I don't like about it, but if I was thinking of buying a new boat it wouldn't be another new Malibu because of the hassles of warranty issues and dealer issues. From my experience and what I have read on numerous forums, Malibu and it's dealer network is pretty sorry for getting a problem free boat right from the get go. And you'd think for what these things cost now, and as long as they have been building them, they could get them right the first time. :(

I faithfully fill mine out every time and have never heard a reply! My dealer has always been great and made sure everything was right every time.

i have never filled one out, but would suggest that if you are going to go thru the trouble of filling it out that you should be honest and factual in your answers.

Don't rant.

Your dealer should be able to deal with that.

Therein lies the whole point of the CSI. If they don't get sent in, Malibu and the dealer do not know where they need to improve. The key is filling them out, and sending them in. Quite a few folks blow it off, and never voice an opinion.

• 1 month later...

I actually got a follow up call last night after completing the online survey the day before. The guy (George) said he was calling because I didn't check yes or no as to whether I'd like a follow up phone call.

I was surprised that he hadn't read my notes in the comment section, he was calling simply because a box was not checked.

Edited by Tom Sawyer

I never received any type of survey, does this come in the mail?

I only had very minor problems with the boat and zero problems with the dealer (I'd recommend them to anyone). The only reason I'd want the survey is to let them know they have a good dealer in Michigan.

Fill it out. When one un-named dealer in this region tried jacking around with one of the folks who bought a team boat from us, he ended up getting a bit of a spanking from Malibu when the survey came back. Even if they don't contact you directly, the dealers do get feedback.

If you want to talk to someone about customer service issues, just call Merced and ask to talk to Jorge (pronounces it George). He'll take the time to make sure you're happy.