Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cooler wont drain

i have an '06 Vride, and the built in coolers under the seats behind the driver won't drain. anyone had this problem or a suggestion on how to fix it?

thanks,

evan

Two options...Jack up the tongue to drain water out the back of the cooler at the end of day. Or tap a new drain plug IN THE BOTTOM of the cooler and attach drain line.

Not having this drain in the base of the cooler baffles me too!!!

i have an '06 Vride, and the built in coolers under the seats behind the driver won't drain. anyone had this problem or a suggestion on how to fix it?

thanks,

evan

Mine doesn't drain very well unless the boat is sitting on a incline, so we let the cooler drain while sitting on the boat ramp blocking all the wally's at the end of the day... Dontknow.gif

i saw that thread after i posted mine...i have had the tounge jacked up, and the water still does not drain...and the drain hole is located in the bottom corner of my cooler, well underneath the water level

i saw that thread after i posted mine...i have had the tounge jacked up, and the water still does not drain...and the drain hole is located in the bottom corner of my cooler, well underneath the water level

kinked drain hose?

i'll do some investigating tonight after work

The drain hoses run under the seats and just dump into the bilge area. Mine don't drain well at all, even with a slight angle on the boat/trailer. I don't believe there is enough fall on the hose to do an adequate job of draining. I just use a towel or too to sop up the remaining water and wipe the inside of the coolers at the same time.

Yeah, the only time I ever see water leave thru that hole is when the bow is WAY up, like on a ramp or on launch which doesn't last long enough to do anything. The fall on the hose is a good point...again, design flaw if you ask me. There is probably a way to mod it to work better, but it's just as easy to suck it up with my vac and dry it off with a towel.

Edited by jshap