Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bow flooring on 2015 23 LSV or any other new boat

ah2oguy

Here is the question: what is the floor decking made of that goes in the bows of the boat (under the cushions)

my boat is new and the flooring seams to be bowed and flexs when I walk across it to with the cushions out. I would have to assume that it is fiberglass but I wouldn't think fiberglass would flex like that and come from the factory bowed inward kinda like a spoon.

Its not obviously with the cushions in place but when they are out you can definitely tell there is warp-age.

Thanks for letting me know if this is normal and what the bow carpeted flooring cover is made of.

Have you got a bow tank and you are talking about that sheet of plastic that covers the tank?

Yes I have bow tanks but not sure of what the cover is made of.. It is carpeted is all I can tell you.

imagine lifting out the bow filler cushions and they you have a carpeted cover that is screwed down to the topdeck.

Edited by ah2oguy

Yes I have bow tanks but not sure of what the cover is made of.. It is carpeted is all I can tell you.

Just thin plastic sheet, maybe 1/4" if it is like what is in my 2012. Mine isn't carpeted though. Wouldn't surprise be that it flexes.

Edited by oldjeep

It's made of HDPE most likely, just like previous versions. Mine wasn't screwed down so I pulled it to inspect. If your bow tank is like mine it has a factory through hole molded into the tank so you can actually see the floor. Mine flexed so I cut a piece of Schedule 40 PVC just slightly higher than the tank hole. Cleaned up the cut ends and dropped it in the hole where it stays sight unseen. Beauty is no matter how big my wifes friends are it doesn't flex anymore and it is a cheap mod. Really even a 2x4 would work, I had the pvc and didn't want to use wood so I wouldn't have to deal with possible mold issues is why I went with the pic.

• Like 2

It's called starboard... a sheet of black plastic covered with carpet. Your boat has lots of it!

It absolutely flexes... so does the plastic bow tank underneath it. That carpeted panel is held in place by four stainless steel screws.

Personally I wouldn't walk on it without the cushions in place.

• Like 2

It's called starboard... a sheet of black plastic covered with carpet. Your boat has lots of it!

It absolutely flexes... so does the plastic bow tank underneath it. That carpeted panel is held in place by four stainless steel screws.

Personally I wouldn't walk on it without the cushions in place.

is the Starboard the same material used as the engine dividers/ engine access panels?