Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tow Mirrors on 07-14 Yukon/Tahoe

Dale974

I have a 07 Yukon Denali that I am now towing the boat with the majority of the time. Currently has the stock mirrors on it, but toying with the idea of either strap on extensions for longer trips, or replacing stock mirrors with aftermarket GM truck style tow mirrors. Didn't know if any members out there have this body style Tahoe or Yukon with tow mirrors on, just trying to get a feel for what they would look like if anyone has any pictures of theirs with tow mirrors. Thanks

Those are hideous on that Suburban. Even on the big rigs they're not my favorite.

At least the CIPAs are cheap and removable, albeit only marginally better looking than those while installed.

https://www.etrailer.com/tv2.aspx?vid=install-cipa-custom-towing-mirrors-2008-chevrolet-tahoe-cm10900

Edited by jk13

Those are hideous on that Suburban. Even on the big rigs they're not my favorite.

At least the CIPAs are cheap and removable, albeit only marginally better looking than those while installed.

https://www.etrailer.com/tv2.aspx?vid=install-cipa-custom-towing-mirrors-2008-chevrolet-tahoe-cm10900

Those dinky little snap ons are not really comparable to the real towing mirrors that IXFE posted. There is functionality and then there is caring what your mirrors look like. It is interesting that neither GM or Ford use flip ups though. They look a lot more like a conventional mirror when they are in the horizontal position.

Edited by oldjeep

Those dinky little snap ons are not really comparable to the real towing mirrors that IXFE posted. There is functionality and then there is caring what your mirrors look like. It is interesting that neither GM or Ford use flip ups though. They look a lot more like a conventional mirror when they are in the horizontal position.

No doubt. But they are an option that the OP mentioned.

$70 vs. $400+

Manual vs. power.

Removable vs. permanent.

Thought that it was common sense they were two separate product categories and that didn't need mentioning. Apparently not.

Just commented that taking a huge boxy mirror off of a huge boxy truck and putting it on a smaller sleeker vehicle didn't look the best. I agree that the Ram flip up mirrors are a decent option and the nicest/most functional GM mirrors were the 06 body style power extendables, although I didn't care for the accordian boots and they don't last like they should.

i bought a pair of the slide on extenders from e-trailer and could not use them on my Sierra. The fit great and looked great and were a style similar to the mirrors. HOWEVER - they give you a second image, and so there was the first image of the side of the truck and trailer, then a slightly wider view of the truck and trailer. It was difficult to determine which view to look at. I returned them after a 30 minute trial drive.

I am surprised there are not better options available. I found some power adjust, manual fold for my 2014 but nothing with power fold. GM just came out with power fold for the 2015 1/2 ton trucks, so i am waiting to see if they are available soon to buy. I have to park in a tight lot so i fold my mirrors every day.

I bought the CIPA slide-on mirrors and am quite pleased with them - both in terms of utility and looks. They work much better than the clip/strap-on version I'd used previously on my Denali (I now have a Ram 1500) which would wobble and vibrate all over the place at freeway speed, and look a heck of a lot more like stock trailer mirrors. Power folding still works, and I can see what I need to see. And the cost/ability to quickly remove them makes them a no-brainier for me vs. full replacement with factory tow mirrors (that would no longer power fold).