Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BarefootBandit

Pylon Rattle

BarefootBandit

Does anybody have a issue with there crome plated pylon rattle??

tvano

assuming the ball is loose, take it apart, clean, lube then snug it down a touch.

the top cap can be removed w/o damage: insert a safety razor between cap and ball then add a second razor at the same place. insert a screwdriver between the razors and you can wiggle it w/o damaging the chrome plating.

BarefootBandit

Wow, thankx for the help. I didn't think the top came off!!

BarefootBandit

What do u recommend for lub?

Andrew63

Think you will find the rattle is the chrome cap & not the pivoting top portion of the pylon.

Had the same issue.

All that secures the Crome cap in place is an o ring which sits in a groove.

Ended up making a thin gasket which sits just under the Crome cap to take up the gap which led to the rattle

BarefootBandit

I really appreciate all the input from everybody regarding this issue.. The cap is definitely not the issue, I can't seem to pop it off.. My only option is to order another cap because there is no way its coming peacefully.

justgary

Spray it with lube and let it soak for a while, then use the razor blade method. It will come off.