Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 VRIDE

INTChamp

O.k. I want to hear everyones pros and cons on the vride. I just ordered mine from my local dealer which was cool cause I could pick what options and colors I want. Getting the 340 Monsoon, wedge, rear ballast, bolster seat, Kicker speakers, Illusion tower with racks... So other than swapping the rear tanks for some 400's what are the must do's? Yahoo.gif

O.k. I want to hear everyones pros and cons on the vride. I just ordered mine from my local dealer which was cool cause I could pick what options and colors I want. Getting the 340 Monsoon, wedge, rear ballast, bolster seat, Kicker speakers, Illusion tower with racks... So other than swapping the rear tanks for some 400's what are the must do's? Yahoo.gif

Congrats on the new boat order! I took delivery of my v-ride back in April and love it so far! Sounds similarly equipped to yours. Some on here will suggest that you delete the Sony speakers from the order and get your own. I got some Polk's and sent them to the factory for the install. I did the head unit myself and all the wiring is already there...just have to hook it up. I did it to save a little cash...I think they wanted somewhere around 1200$ for the factory setup. The only thing I wish I had so far is front ballast but I am not sure it is even a option on the v-ride. I have the rear/middle and wedge and when using all of it the boat is a little slow to plane out. You can always add some later I guess or stuff a couple big folks up front!

Other than a couple of little items, the boat has been rock solid so far.

What colors did you go with?

Congrats & welcome to the site. :)

- If you're up north, the heated options are very nice to have & will extend your season (it's always easier to entice a driver & spotter with a heated seat & heater).

- I would also suggest the Power Wedge if you budget will allow it.

- If it's available (can't remember if it is or isn't), the bow ballast tank.

- For racks on the tower, the Titan stuff is so nice. The forks are chromed & the lift offs allow you to stow them, both of which making it easier to keep them looking good.

- I second the stereo comments, I'd go aftermarket on that - you can get so much more for your money.

- LED lighting is always a nice touch.

Swap your rear tanks for 750's, not 400's. :)

Swap your rear tanks for 750's, not 400's. :)

That sounds a lot like something I told you. Tongue.gif

Now you know where I get it from.

I am going with Black on top. Blue accent above the rub rail, and blue main accent. Black again below that and the hull bottom is white. It is an extra $800 or so to do the bottom a color, so white it is. You will have to be happy with 250's for now Earl! Biggrin.gif