Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15' A22 Center tank & pump capacities

wedge88

We got out in the new boat this weekend and I wanted to verify the stock ballast and PnP were all hooked up and working. Does anyone know what the size of the center tank is? Does this tank use a different pump than the others? The reason I ask is because the center tank took about twice as long as my bow sack which is 950lbs. I will say that I am extremely impressed with fill and drain times. I am coming from a DD boat with pumps over the side so not having to get up from the captains chair was probably the best experience in the boat thus far.

Its 500lbs, A couple reasons could be the 950lb bow sac does not fill 950lbs. Also, the center tank fill pump line goes up behind the dash to a anti siphon loop and then back down to the tank. The front bag pump goes straight to the bag. The extra line, elevation change, and loop add restriction slowing the pump.

Edited by kx250frider617

Are you using the integrated bow bag under the seats? if so, its 650... and it probably fills to about 600. yes, its on a separate pump

I use that sack in my A24. It won't fill close to 950 just due to the fact it can't expand fully under the seats. Cushions pop up, then I drain a little.

I have the 500lb Sumo bow sac (http://www.wakemakers.com/straight-line-sumo-open-bow-bag-500.html) in my 15' A22. When I fill it to the max it will push up the front cushion and I couldn't imagine getting any other sac much more full under the seats.

It would be interesting to have some guys fill their different bow sacs full and then fill the draining water into a 5 gallon bucket to count how many gallons come out and see what the actual weight is that each bag can get under the bow seats.

Each 5 gallon bucket would weigh 41.7lbs

Thanks for all the replies and feedback. I just filled it until it started pouring out the drain and watched the front cushions to see if any of them pushed up. I will pull the cushions on our next outing to see how full the sack is.