Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
ac88926

Axis factory cover issue

ac88926

I have a 2014 A22 with the grey axis factory cover on my all black A22 and every time I take the cover off, it has left a grey powder/dust all over the hull where the cover touches. Its not a big deal to wipe off with a micro fiber since it wipes off fairly easy, its just a pain in the a$$ to do each time. Anyone else have this issue? It is not pollen because I have to deal with that too on the parts of the hull that the cover is not touching.

Edited by ac88926

TNWILSON

That's weird with a new cover man. On my old boat with OLD cover did the same thing. It was the cover deteriorating or maybe dry rotting from weather damage. Wouldn't think that would be the issue with yours

ahopkinsVTX

Have you tried washing the cover?

ac88926

Have you tried washing the cover?

I have not. My cover has the ratchet straps attached in two "cases" at the rear of the boat. How do most people wash their cover?

MystiikVLX

That's weird with a new cover man. On my old boat with OLD cover did the same thing. It was the cover deteriorating or maybe dry rotting from weather damage. Wouldn't think that would be the issue with yours

Had the same thing happen with an older cover as well. Agree, that would be frustrating if it was only a year old...

ahopkinsVTX

I have not. My cover has the ratchet straps attached in two "cases" at the rear of the boat. How do most people wash their cover?

Yard with a garden hose and a brush on a broom stick. Hang to dry. Probably could use a power washer as well, I just don't have one. Just make sure any sticks/stones are moved prior to putting the cover down.

I just wonder if it is dust collected in the cover and nothing is actually wrong with it, being it is only a year old.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

ac88926

Not sure, My dealer advised taking to the laundry mat. If that doesn't work they are going to put a call into axis. I have no doubt that if the laundry mat doesn't work my dealer will take care of me.