Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1235 the way to go?

KirkB

So I propped my boat last year on a sandbar and am looking to replace the prop with an Acme model then get my OEM prop fixed to use as a spare. We're into wakeboarding and cruising around. Just started working on the surfing thing toward the end of the season last year. From what I've been reading it seems like the 1235 is a good choice for me but wanted to confirm with more knowledgeable folks :) Its a 2007 VTX with stock ballast and the 5.7L if that helps.

Edited by KirkB

In my opinion the 1235 would be just fine. A lot of guys love the 2315 but I can't see you needing that much prop in a VTX. I run the 1235 in my LSV and it is performing great even while heavily loaded for surfing.

We also run a 1235 on an 09 21vride heavily loaded and it does great with a 320LCR.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

It was the stock prop so I'm guessing it was a 537. I think that's what came stock on it. I have the 5.7L motor with stock ballast at this point. Haven't got into running any sacks yet.

In my opinion the 1235 would be just fine. A lot of guys love the 2315 but I can't see you needing that much prop in a VTX. I run the 1235 in my LSV and it is performing great even while heavily loaded for surfing.

We also run a 1235 on an 09 21vride heavily loaded and it does great with a 320LCR.

I too run a 1235 on a 21vride 320 lcr heavily weighted. No problems with this setup at all.

• Like 1

40'ish on my 1235 last I checked. Not by GPS but I bet that is close.

This is my experience as well at WOT. I cruise at 25-26 mph @ 3200 rpm which isn't great but then again I'm not in a hurry when on the water.

I was wondering about speed as well. Sometimes we gun it going from cove to cove or what not. 40 is plenty fast. I think it's not much over that with the stock prop.

I don't recall what RPM I was at, but full speed my 07 VTX with the 1235 hit 40mph easily. The prop only took off 2mph vs the stock prop that it came with. With ballast,sacs, and full boat load of people, you will be suprised how easily it pop you out on plain compared to the stock prop. I forgot which model it was but im sure it was the same as you currently have if its the stock prop.

Anybody know the primary difference between the 2315 and 1235? I'm leaning heavily toward the 1235 at this point.

I just put a 1615 on my '07 VTX and it's awesome!! Highly recommend it.

What's your experience with it so far? Good pull out of the hole with decent top speed still?

Diameter15"

Pitch12"

Cup.105"

Diameter14.5"

Pitch14.25"

Cup.105"

So the 2315 is larger diameter, and pitched significantly lower. It is also more expensive by like a hondo. I have run both on my vlx with a monsoon 350. I could tell a definite difference between the two but it wasn't quite as evident as 537 to 1235. This thing jumps out of the water even really loaded down. I usually run rule stock, 900 in each vdrive locker and 1100 up front with the wedge. . Never given me a problem

I will be running the OJ 925 next week it is a 14.75" x 13.75, will give you a review of it. I am hopeful it is going to be a really nice tweener prop from 1235 to 2315.

• Like 3

I have been running the OJ 475 14.25 x 14 for a few years and love it. This weekend I'm going to be running the OJ 915 14.75 x 14..5 and next weekend I'll have the OJ 925 on. Plus a GB is going to be going on next week.