Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stick A Fork In It

NorCaliBu

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• VinRLX

:( Wow, Michael... I'm so sorry! I suppose at least you got it stopped, but what a way to do it.

I hope you're feeling better soon. And I still hope to see you at Oroville, even if you can't really do anything but drink my Mike's and wear the barbie jacket. ;)

~shannon

No, not mtn biking...nor wakeboarding. My beloved Sporty did it to me. I had the boat in the garage with the front half sticking out into the driveway. Loading it up getting ready to take the boys out for an evening wakeboard session. I leaned against the back of the boat to put the boards in (the swimstep was not on yet) and the trailer tires moved just enough forward to make it out of the garage and on to the slight slope of the driveway. You guessed it...the boat started rolling...right towards the Ram. Shocking.gif I ran to the front of the boat to stop it... Crazy.gif ...and if I had had about two more feet I would have. As it slowly pushed me down the driveway I found myself backed up against the truck tailgate. The boat was still moving too fast... Shocking.gif ...my right elbow hit the tailgate, right hand was on the bow of the boat. Next thing I know...my hand is laid back flat against my forearm. Cry.gif Owwie!! Cry.gif Dang that hurt.

Typing with only my left hand isn't very fast. Crazy.gif

I did something like that once, but was much luckier. But I put my boot down in front of the trailer jack wheel instead. Rolled right over my foot. The jack handle clobbered my leg right below the knee. If I hadn't had steel reinforced boots on or my leg had been 30* rotated the other way I'd have either a crushed foot, folded knee, or both.

I stayed in the whole weekend after that.

Sorry to hear that Mike Cry.gif I hope you do recover fast. When ever I head up to bullards I'll drop you a line, that way if the boys want a pull we can make it happen.

Thank you for all the well wishes. I do in fact heal very quickly and I am really hoping to avoid surgery. I broke my left wrist early last September (at the skateboard park Crazy.gif ) and I was skiing again in November so maybe....(I can dream) Biggrin.gif I'll know more in a few days but I don't plan on being out until next year. No.gif

Greg & Woody - Thanks for the offers, that would be awesome. Let me know. Thumbup.gif

I like the idea of using my cast as a wheel chock... :lol:

oh, and badbob13ftw...I really wish that I was kidding. :(

Michael - sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you recover quickly. Remember you can still have fun with the kids!

on a side note, I found a pretty good brand of waterproof covers for casts w/ my two surgeries on my ankle the past two years, so let me know if you want me to track it down. kept my casts very dry - even tried to trick ski with it.

Watch the drugs, they can be habit forming. If you can stand the pain, wean early and save some for a later ecreational kind of day.

Not that I condone that sort of thing mind you.

Watch the drugs, they can be habit forming.
That's what I've heard. Personally though, I don't like the way they make me feel, I like that the pain stops but I could do without the lightheaded, queasy kind of feeling.

Thanks again for the "Get Well Soon" wishes. :)

Dude... I told you so!!!

... oh wait, maybe I didn't :unsure:

anyway I would have done the same thing, sorry to hear about your discomfort & impact to the season. Get well soon buddy - and hope we can still see ya this year. Maybe you can come out and teach Shanook to drive - she needs to learn, and it is always easier to learn from someone other than your spouse (or spouse-to-be in this case)

So is there a prognosis & time frame yet? Maybe you can surf (platform start).
Orthopedic is reviewing my x-rays now. expecting a call soon. Don't know what to expect...that's probably the worst part. I'll start surfing again as soon as possible but the platform start would have me concerned about falling forward and smacking my wrist on the platform. I can one-hand start, deep-water, on a wakesurfer. I am that good. Biggrin.gif

:lol:

Maybe you can come out and teach Shanook to drive - she needs to learn, and it is always easier to learn from someone other than your spouse (or spouse-to-be in this case)
:lol: I don't know, buddy...some people are just unteachable. :lol:

j/k Shannon... ;) ...sounds like a plan. :)

Cry.gif Just got off the phone with my bone doc...he said that going by the x-rays...it needs to be pinned... Cry.gif ...I am scheduled for a CT Scan tomorrow morning for a 'better look' so I guess there is still a small chance I might avoid it :( but the fact that he also scheduled surgery (for Friday morning) leads me to believe that there is SS hardware in my future. Cry.gif

Bye-Bye Summer... Cry.gif

Well, you do know enough people with big boats that you can surf behind. I'm of the opinion that driving & being in the boat is as much fun as being behind the boat (well the driving is anyway :lol:). And then there's the Rentalake in October....maybe?

I am that good. Biggrin.gif

You think the doc could put some stainless steel into your ego, while he's at it? Might help to contain the size. Tease2.gif

Well....I didn't question it because I've seen him surf.
:blush: Aww, shucks....

oh, and Jack... Tongue.gif

And now back to moping & pouting. :(

Bummer...Sorry to hear your season is ended. I'd send ya flowers but I'm thinking a pair of wheel chocks would be more appropriate. Crazy.gif