Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stick A Fork In It

NorCaliBu

Cry.gif Shattered my wrist yesterday. Broken in four places and one of the pieces is about 1mm displaced and may require pinning. Cry.gif

Too hard to type left-handed (and on hydrocodone & vicodan) to tell the whole story...I'll have my wife type it when she gets home from the pharmacy... Biggrin.gif ... getting more pain-killers. :( This sux!!

Being an idiot is painful... Crazy.gif ...anyone curious? :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• Malibudude

• WakeGirl

• VinRLX

Cry.gif Shattered my wrist yesterday. Broken in four places and one of the pieces is about 1mm displaced and may require pinning. Cry.gif

Too hard to type left-handed (and on hydrocodone & vicodan) to tell the whole story...I'll have my wife type it when she gets home from the pharmacy... Biggrin.gif ... getting more pain-killers. :( This sux!!

Why yes, who wouldn't be? (Sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully you're a quick healer.)

No, not mtn biking...nor wakeboarding. My beloved Sporty did it to me. I had the boat in the garage with the front half sticking out into the driveway. Loading it up getting ready to take the boys out for an evening wakeboard session. I leaned against the back of the boat to put the boards in (the swimstep was not on yet) and the trailer tires moved just enough forward to make it out of the garage and on to the slight slope of the driveway. You guessed it...the boat started rolling...right towards the Ram. Shocking.gif I ran to the front of the boat to stop it... Crazy.gif ...and if I had had about two more feet I would have. As it slowly pushed me down the driveway I found myself backed up against the truck tailgate. The boat was still moving too fast... Shocking.gif ...my right elbow hit the tailgate, right hand was on the bow of the boat. Next thing I know...my hand is laid back flat against my forearm. Cry.gif Owwie!! Cry.gif Dang that hurt.

Typing with only my left hand isn't very fast. Crazy.gif

H O L Y S H I T! I guess this would go under the "material objects can be replaced" category??? Now we're going to have to postpone our ski contests. . .of course, to make things fair, I'll take the entire season off so the playing field is level. Crazy.gif

Hey, seriously, I'm glad that you weren't hurt worse--which sounds like a real possibility. Think of the ramifications of using a different appendage to hold the boat off. . . Cry.gif

But the truck's okay... Crazy.gif

About the same time it folded my wrist over...I stopped the boat's forward progress. Crazy.gif

Should've just let it smash the tailgate... :(

Shoulda, coulda.

I know a guy that got his leg broke trying to stop a rolling car.

I know another guy that got his finger tip almost cut off from a 80 lb. sheet of aluminium.

That really stinks, I hate it for you. Don't blame it on the Sporty though, she was inocent.

Could have been a lot worse. You could broken both of them or been killed. A buddy of mine broke both wrists and told me you learn who your friends really are when they're both broken. Surprised.gif

At least you can drive for the summer. I hope you heal fast.

WOW!!! That sucks!!! I hope you have a quick and painless (if possible) recovery! VinRLX is right about material objects being able to be replaced but I am sure all of us would have tried to stop our boat from hitting our rig, not thinking about the danger to ourselves

WOW... let the tailgate get wrecked and maybe damage the Bu... tough decision.

I always have a 2X6 board infront of the Bu trailer tires until it is hooked and locked down. My driveway is also steep and once it is over the edge, away it will go.

Vicodan... my son broke his arm snowboarding 2 yrs ago and said that stuff was great... although he did use the "F" word on the phone with his mother from the hospital... but as a good son, he apologized to her several times for it after that.

Sorry for the pain... it will be a year before it gets back to normal.

Shoulda, coulda.

I know a guy that got his leg broke trying to stop a rolling car.

I know another guy that got his finger tip almost cut off from a 80 lb. sheet of aluminium.

And now you know a guy that shattered his wrist in four places trying to stop a rolling boat!

Dang, that is a real bummer! Take care, and heal up well so you can be at it again next year. :(

Hope the wrist heals well. I broke the radius and the ulna in Nov 2004. Had to have 4 pins and titaneum plate. Wrist was not strong for a year. Still not the same as it was. Had a CTI brace made and it helps for sports. Good Luck and take care! KC

That really sucks. Can you still drive the boat for the kids? Cause if they are anything like my kids the sympathy for your injury will not last long.

You should feel very lucky. I cut part of my had off w/ a jetski trailer doing just about the same thing. I got air lifted for were we were camping to Seattle. Had an 8 hr surgery to save what was left, stayed a week in the hospital in a Tropicana room, had 2 more surgeries, countless trips to the doc, and rehab, and they still want to do more. And it tapped us out big time. This all sucked, but looking back it could have very well been a lot worse. Believe me when I say that I am glad you are OK. It only takes a second for something very bad to happen.

No, not mtn biking...nor wakeboarding. My beloved Sporty did it to me. I had the boat in the garage with the front half sticking out into the driveway. Loading it up getting ready to take the boys out for an evening wakeboard session. I leaned against the back of the boat to put the boards in (the swimstep was not on yet) and the trailer tires moved just enough forward to make it out of the garage and on to the slight slope of the driveway. You guessed it...the boat started rolling...right towards the Ram. Shocking.gif I ran to the front of the boat to stop it... Crazy.gif ...and if I had had about two more feet I would have. As it slowly pushed me down the driveway I found myself backed up against the truck tailgate. The boat was still moving too fast... Shocking.gif ...my right elbow hit the tailgate, right hand was on the bow of the boat. Next thing I know...my hand is laid back flat against my forearm. Cry.gif Owwie!! Cry.gif Dang that hurt.

Typing with only my left hand isn't very fast. Crazy.gif

youre kidding.... rite Crazy.gif

Mike, That really sucks! You are one that really ensure the safety of you family, riders, boat, and yourself. I feel for you. If you, Lori(sp) and boys want to get on the water just let me know. I'm out every weekend.

Cheers.gif Here's to a speedy recovery.

But the truck's okay... Crazy.gif

About the same time it folded my wrist over...I stopped the boat's forward progress. Crazy.gif

Should've just let it smash the tailgate... :(

Sounds like something I would have done. Crazy.gif As I am often told by my parents, stuff is replaceable I am not, well im not replacable yet, we'll see where science goes.

Hope you recover quickly!