Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zero Off GPS Pucks

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

So while drying off the boat after our Sunday morning sets, I noticed that the starboard side puck was loose! I picked it up expecting to see a hole and a missing screw. Well, I was wrong. It is just held on with an adhesive backing. Is this normal? There is a threaded insert on the bottom of the puck to screw into. I am guessing that both adhesive and a screw would be best.

Assuming adding a screw is the best solution, anyone have any suggestions on accurately drilling the hole?

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Are you referring to puck on top of bow gunnel or gps cruise mounted under drivers helm? My gps cruise under helm was screwed into mounting block. Current boat with zero off puck is mounted on top of bow gunnel, but I have no idea how it is mounted. Hopefully they screwed it down.

If it's on the top, I would see if it can come apart and you can mount it with screws and pre drill the hole from top side. Would seem almost impossible to do it under gunwale.

Edited by Fman

Had a look under mine & no screws, still holding fine.

Just think the chrome Malibu logos are just stuck on & subject to a whole lot more water turbulence.

Just replace the double sided tape. Even if it comes lose in a year or two, just replace again.

No need to drill another hole in the hull.

Placement is just to be aesthetically symmetrical