Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New trailer price?

bdenson

I contacted Boatmate this week and was told that I needed to go thru my Malibu dealer. Went there and went thru options and designed a trailer to order. He is working on getting a price now and will get back to me next week. I asked for a guess on the price and he said he thought that it would be $7000. Does that sound right? I didn't go crazy on the options: tandem axles, surge brakes, LED lights, spare tire, 14" stamped steel wheels, one color. Will my dealer have a high markup on this that we can negotiate?

I needed to know the value of my trailer for insurance and my dealer told me mine was $5k. It's a painted over galvanized tandem trailer with 14" alloy wheels and spare tire.

I contacted Boatmate this week and was told that I needed to go thru my Malibu dealer. Went there and went thru options and designed a trailer to order. He is working on getting a price now and will get back to me next week. I asked for a guess on the price and he said he thought that it would be $7000. Does that sound right? I didn't go crazy on the options: tandem axles, surge brakes, LED lights, spare tire, 14" stamped steel wheels, one color. Will my dealer have a high markup on this that we can negotiate?

The boatmate trailer price in my '14 23 lsv sticker said 7100. For some reason the dealer orders tricked out trailers. I could care less about rims, led's, backlit logos, pin stripes, nice rim on the spare.

I bought my new boatmate trailer in 2013 with basically what you were pricing and it was around $4600.00 either they went up alot or shipping to Texas is very high lol.

That's about what mine cost me, $7100 with taxes, delivery to Canada(Vancouver) and a couple options last May (2014).It's a tandem axle for a Response with surge brakes, hidden spare, Call a couple other dealers and see what they quote.