Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A22 Garage specs now missing info on website

wedge88

I am not sure if anyone noticed but the Axis website had the garage specs for the A22 with trailer tongue folded, platform off, wedge down with surfgate listed at 23'4". Now that specification has been removed from the site and I know why... Needless to say I have a 23'10" garage and it didn't fit without the removal of some drywall for the surf tabs. I wasn't happy as I checked that spec numerous times over the winter. It isn't a big deal as I'm always looking to add to my long list of projects but thought I would post the info for others in my shoes.

Correct... but there use to be another spec on that page that listed trailer tongue folded, platform removed, wedge down and surfgate that said 23'4" but now it doesn't.

Can't imagine having to take the platform off/on every time I used the boat. Damn thing weighs a ton and is a 2 person job on my boat.

Exactly, I'd pay storage before doing all that work and have space in my garage

Really. You would pay storage because the platform has to come off? It took 30 seconds for the wife and I to lift it off and put it on the wall brackets I installed. It is definitely a two person project but quicker than having to go to a storage unit. If it were in a storage unit, I wouldn't get that new gel coat/fiberglass smell every time I open the door.