Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let the Exile Build Begin!

Wakesetter67

Got Tunes? ,La Brandon is going to do his magic and install a complete Exile Audio Stereo system! Here's the line up: (1) Exile Big 12" Sub with custom enclosure, 6 XM9's HLCD on the Tower. (4 ) 8" Rear cabin speakers, (4) 6.5 mid and bow speakers, (1) ZLD for audio Zone Control. (4) Amps to power all of the above, & (2) 6V Golf Cart battery's to make it all come alive! Ear protection optional... 11008055_1071518052864664_46319830429445 002_zpsm05tlmrk.jpg

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 3

Lol...just got to be bragging again...lol...lol... ..:Tease3: and I thought I was doing good by adding just these two!

Sound like a killer system. ..right on! Maybe one day I'll get a chance to hear it!

post-20239-0-61201200-1428191431_thumb.j

• Like 2

Vince, those golf cart batteries look sweet.

1) Where do you get them?

2) Do they fit in the factory location? Factory boxes?

3) What is the main advantage? Longer listening time before they die??

How does the 3rd pair of tower speakers mount.?

1-shelf for 2 pairs

1-pair on clamps

Here you go! This was my last boat, 526244_428857943794832_216951048318857_1

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 2

Vince, those golf cart batteries look sweet.

1) Where do you get them?

2) Do they fit in the factory location? Factory boxes?

3) What is the main advantage? Longer listening time before they die??

They are taller then most 12v, so I have a 6v Battery box I use, they take up a little bit more room then 2 group 29 battery's, I bought them at a auto shop that sell interstate, As for performance, a few years ago I did the 2 group 29 12v and they worked OK until we would camp or could not hook up to a shore charger, so about day 3 my battery's just could not keep up with demand, Since I went to the 6v system I could go all week and never have a shutdown, Now that was with the old amps, I hear the new ones are much more efficient, But you can never have to much capacity, I'm very impressed with the 6v system!! I know there was some debate about it, No debate here they work much better, Here was the last boat, I'm sure la Brandon will figure out something cool to install in the new boat! courtbday037.jpg

Also look at the century plastics golf cart battery box. It's very compact. Used it in my MB for a pair of group 24s (same footprint, just not as tall as the GCs). http://www.allbatterysalesandservice.com/browse.cfm/4,573.html

If nothing else it would give you a lid so you wouldn't have exposed battery like that.

We had a lid we were still working on it and adding the battery maintenance system..LOL BTW that was my Old 2010 VLX, pic's coming on the new one soon!!

Edited by Wakesetter67

Got Tunes? ,La Brandon is going to do his magic and install a complete Exile Audio Stereo system! Here's the line up: (1) Exile Big 12" Sub with custom enclosure, 6 XM9's HLCD on the Tower. (4 ) 8" Rear cabin speakers, (4) 6.5 mid and bow speakers, (1) ZLD for audio Zone Control. (4) Amps to power all of the above, & (2) 6V Golf Cart battery's to make it all come alive! Ear protection optional... 11008055_1071518052864664_46319830429445 002_zpsm05tlmrk.jpg

hurry up ! I just got my finished and tuned. I believe I'm the first running 2 big 12s :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 big 12's? Where are the pics?!

Coming soon. Need to clean boat up and install final trim panels.

Just got it tuned at Exile. It's a big improvement over the single 15.

2 big 12s running off two 2500.1s

Edited by my malibu
  • 2 months later...

+(4) 6.5 mid and bow speakers,

Where did you put the mids? And I assumed you wired them in parallel with the bows? Pictures would be appreciated.....