Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2315 alternative -- OJ 945 -- anyone tried?

shawndoggy

That's the 1615.

I am aware of the 1615. My decision will be between the ACME 1615 and the OJ 945, just wanted to get some input on the 945 before I chose one to order.

• Like 1

I got an OJ 915 to try out. It's a 14.75 X 14.5. I'm hoping to find an alternate to the 1235. The 1235 does all I need it to do but I would like to keep or add a little more top end while gaining or keeping the same low end torque. I know, optimistic but hey, this is what prop testing all about. I don't have surfgate and run with about 2000#'s over stock, listed. I don't run a lot of over weight while wakeboarding (yet) so I don't need as much torque as some of you. I have a couple of barefooters in my crew so I need to keep that top end at 40+. I really appreciate OJ and D Goose for setting this up. This will add choices and get some good feedback. Looking forward to hearing results.

Still gonna be a couple weeks till I get on the water, but the 945 arrived yesterday.

I ran it yesterday and I don't think its much different than a 2315, I have the 2315 on today, and will run the 1235 tomorrow. I took some pretty good notes on RPM ranges, will post up next week final results. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with the 945 (1513) but it felt about the same as the 2315, today I can get full clarification.

btw, its a stump puller no doubt... plenty of torque!

Edited by Fman
  • Like 3

I will post all the data I have soon, but there is literally no difference between the ACME 2315 and OJ 945, I am going to run the 1235 today and get some final numbers. I don't think the 945 will be my goto prop, I am going to have to keep searching for something a little less aggressive. Maybe that 1615 is the answer? Although, I was hoping to stay with a 15" prop...

Edited by Fman

Great question Shawn, it is literally within 50-100 rpm differential with different cruising speeds, and some cruising speeds are identical. I have a few different surf and wakeboard scenarios written down as well. But definitely nothing jaw dropping or considerably different. Looking forward to seeing the 1235 today and the different RPM ranges in comparison to the 15" props.

Great question Shawn, it is literally within 50-100 rpm differential with different cruising speeds, and some cruising speeds are identical. I have a few different surf and wakeboard scenarios written down as well. But definitely nothing jaw dropping or considerably different. Looking forward to seeing the 1235 today and the different RPM ranges in comparison to the 15" props.

It sounds more like the 945 is comparable to the 2313.

• 1 month later...

Agree with Fman's conclusions. butt dyno says that there's no real difference between 2315 and 945. I did manage a gps verified screaming 40.5 mph out of it at 5600 rpms.

I will post all the data I have soon, but there is literally no difference between the ACME 2315 and OJ 945, I am going to run the 1235 today and get some final numbers. I don't think the 945 will be my goto prop, I am going to have to keep searching for something a little less aggressive. Maybe that 1615 is the answer? Although, I was hoping to stay with a 15" prop...

I'd recommend looking at the 2247/2249 as they are 15x14.25. The increased pitch should deliver better top end, with slightly worse acceleration.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

D-Goose how far out is the group buy?

I just got a call from OJ and my prop is bent through the hub (OJ FUSION 14.25x14.5). It is my spare prop so I don't have to have it right away, but I think you were running the FUSION also. Interested in hearing the difference with the 945 if you have has a chance to test it out.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an ACME 2079. It will be here in the AM. Wakemakers said the OJ 945 would not fit my boat being a 15". OJ offered me a $100 discount for my old prop and the ACME was still $70 less. ($170 less)

Delta was also cheaper than OJ on the 945 even with the $100 discount.