Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'02 Wakesetter VLX dead ECM

Hey guys,

just registered for this site as I came across it looking for help.

As above, I have an '02 VLX that has been diagnosed with a dead ECM and so I'm looking for places online that I can possibly purchase a new one from.

I'm in Australia and my dealer has checked with Malibu Australia and they don't currently have any in stock in the whole country!!

Plus I've been quoted what I think is a pretty steep price for a new one and was just hoping to compare with US prices.

Any help would be much appreciated so I can get it back on the water before our winter really sets in.

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt, Bakes are a great resource for Malibu parts. Maybe what you need is here?

https://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=883

Is your boat an Australian built example? If not, you are not likely to get any help at all from any Australian Malibu dealer. They have a very public policy of not supporting imported boats. Personally, my preference is to support domestic suppliers when I can but sometimes I have resorted to Bakes and their service is first class.

Regards, Stephen.

Thanks, yeah it is an Australian built boat.

That's usually my policy too but not having any in the country means either they import one, or I do.

Be patient.

Needed a replacement MTC for my 2011.

Being a grey import to AU, no local support.

Bakes have been great.

Took close to 3 weeks to get the MTC out of Malibu, combination of weather & incorrect stock figures, showed stock but the cupboard was bare.

Once Bakes got hold of the MTC, currently in transit, left WA around midnight Tuesday this week our time & is currently on its way up from SYD to BNE.

And, if over $1k USD, you will be slugged our GST when it comes through AU customs so make sure you have a good contact number for customs to reach you for the local payment.

Good luck