Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat too big or driveway too small?

247_Pilot

The rigors of living in Southern California with no land to speak of .... Dang that boat is big! Thumbup.gif

post-1222-1149638520_thumb.jpg

John,

I would be happy to do a straight trade for my VLX is the size is better accommodating for you. I'll even do the pick up / drop off for free Biggrin.gif

That is one big beautiful Bu!

The rigors of living in Southern California with no land to speak of .... Dang that boat is big! Thumbup.gif

That is a huge boat. Shocking.gif Why the Nevada tags on a California boat? Dontknow.gif

That is a huge boat. Shocking.gif Why the Nevada tags on a California boat? Dontknow.gif

Just following the rules ... the boat is used almost exclusively at Lake Mead, NV and per the CA and NV websites, the boat needs to be registered in the state where it is primarily used. (Yes, it saves me annual prop tax on the boat, but really ... it is on NV water way more the CA water.)

Really!

Just following the rules ... the boat is used almost exclusively at Lake Mead, NV and per the CA and NV websites, the boat needs to be registered in the state where it is primarily used. (Yes, it saves me annual prop tax on the boat, but really ... it is on NV water way more the CA water.)

Is this possible without a NV address?

Really!

I have 18 acres, you can park it at my house Biggrin.gif

Is this possible without a NV address?

Really!

Yep. I'm proof positive. I have no NV address. I know that many of you out there think I'm just avoiding CA property tax, but I really did do my research, speaking with the Dept of Wildlife in NV and DMV in CA. I'm convinced that I've done the right thing. NV registration for the boat as the majority (by far) of hours on the boat take place in NV, and CA plates on the trailer as that is where it is stored.

Simple solution 247. See that building next to yours? Just buy it and turn it into a really great garage annex. Easy.

But I spent my last dime on the boat! :lol:

John,

I would be happy to do a straight trade for my VLX is the size is better accommodating for you. I'll even do the pick up / drop off for free Biggrin.gif

Greg, thanks for the kind words. But I think I'll pass on your generous offer.

18 acres!!! I'm definitely living in the wrong place. That must be awesome. You probably live within 5 minutes of your lake, right? I have to drive 300 miles to go play where I like. Mad.gif

Simple solution 247. See that building next to yours? Just buy it and turn it into a really great garage annex. Easy.

John,

18 acres!!! I'm definitely living in the wrong place. That must be awesome. You probably live within 5 minutes of your lake, right? I have to drive 300 miles to go play where I like. Mad.gif

If I want to launch on the river arm and drive all the way up the river 20 minutes. Otherwiswe 40 minutes on a deserted road. Whistling.gif

John,

If I want to launch on the river arm and drive all the way up the river 20 minutes. Otherwiswe 40 minutes on a deserted road. Whistling.gif

Life's good for you, isn't it? Yes.gif Sounds like you're all dialed in. I'm jealous!

John,

Life's good for you, isn't it? Yes.gif Sounds like you're all dialed in. I'm jealous!

If I was retired it would be "dialed in" :lol: Why don't you keep it in storage in the Mead area ? Thats what most of So Cal firends tend to do.

Really!

I'm in the same sitch, except in Indiana and Illinois. Boat is registered in Indiana because that's where it lives and plays. Trailer has IL tags.

That's a fine looking boat 247, probably wouldn't fit on my hoist! Biggrin.gif

That boat wouldn't fit in any garage no matter what state or zip code you call it!! That is a monster!!!

I do like the california chrome wheels though, nice pimp touch!

That boat wouldn't fit in any garage no matter what state or zip code you call it!! That is a monster!!!

I do like the california chrome wheels though, nice pimp touch!

Not True in havasu I had a 2 bay 35ft deep garage. Now, In CA I only have 3 bay 15ft.

My storage garage in the delta is 30 ft and it just fits in :)

Yes, it is a Big Boat, but damn I love it :)

Do the same thing with the tags, although gotta admit it is about the $$$$ Lake Mead is also AZ and their tag costs are very very low compared to CA.

Really!

I'm in the same sitch, except in Indiana and Illinois. Boat is registered in Indiana because that's where it lives and plays. Trailer has IL tags.

That's a fine looking boat 247, probably wouldn't fit on my hoist! Biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone, for the compliments. We're loving the new ride! I do wish I could keep it at my home though.

LS-One: We used to keep our boat in Henderson near Mead, but with the new boat we thought we'd bring it closer to home so we could use it a Lake Smell Some More (Elsinore) and/or other local lakes in the off season. I like it closer to home ... there are times when I like to work on it, and when it's in NV, I never have the right tools, etc. We're currently storing it in Corona (30 minutes away) in a warehouse so it stays nice and shiny. There's a boat mechanic there as well, so it's pretty convenient.

Next trip is the 23rd when the kids finally get out of school. We'll be at Echo Bay at Lake Mead. Summer's finally almost here.

Can't wait! Yahoo.gif

Thanks everyone, for the compliments. We're loving the new ride! I do wish I could keep it at my home though.

LS-One: We used to keep our boat in Henderson near Mead, but with the new boat we thought we'd bring it closer to home so we could use it a Lake Smell Some More (Elsinore) and/or other local lakes in the off season. I like it closer to home ... there are times when I like to work on it, and when it's in NV, I never have the right tools, etc. We're currently storing it in Corona (30 minutes away) in a warehouse so it stays nice and shiny. There's a boat mechanic there as well, so it's pretty convenient.

Next trip is the 23rd when the kids finally get out of school. We'll be at Echo Bay at Lake Mead. Summer's finally almost here.

Can't wait! Yahoo.gif

When I was a kid we used to ski at Elsinore all summer (late 60's) it was a zoo then, I can't imagine now.

Can't wait! Yahoo.gif

When I was a kid we used to ski at Elsinore all summer (late 60's) it was a zoo then, I can't imagine now.

Yup, way too many boats for me. We only go there in the off season, or mid week EARLY. We've also "rented" the channel, which is limited to 8 boats on two courses. It can't ever compare to the big desert lakes, but what the heck? It's another place to float the boat, and that beats work any day!