Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Trunks/Bathing Suit/Boardshorts - What do y'all wear?

NorrisMike

I split 2 pair of trunks late last summer kneeboarding. I need to get a few pair for this year. I think I mail ordered my last few. Where does everyone buy theirs and what are some good ones?

I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the typical board short. Or maybe I just haven't found the right pair. They seem to fit fine until they get wet then want to sag off my arse. What do you wear under them, if anything at all, since most don't have the liners.... boxer briefs? Then just sit in wet underwear for a while? I also see some wear then with a belt....?

Also, pockets are a must for me. I need to have traditional pockets.

My last few were just the traditional "trunk" style with elastic waist. I'd be fine with getting them again but want to hear what others think.

Costco, Honolulu, best selection, best prices on the island. ;)

Edit: No boxer briefs, just got used to going commando.

Edited by LS-One

Look for some "walk shorts" i think that's what they are called. They are like board shorts with pockets and belt loops, I know RipCurl makes some... I tried knee boarding a few years ago for the first time in like 20 years and realized its basically too painful for anyone over 13, not sure how you do it?

www.rockymountainatvmc.com is where i get some of mine , usually because i am already ordering other stuff. They usually have closeouts that are a decent deal.

Edited by 1HELLUVALIFE

+1 on no liner. Let it hang lads!

I have a rotation of Oneill HyperFreaks, Hurley (any model of these), and Volcom. I only buy the ones with quick dry material and stretch.

I try to buy mine from Pac Sun when they have a buy one get one free sale in the spring. Otherwise, I look out for deals.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

I wear 4-way stretch. O'Neill Freak and Hurley Phantom series are some of the best out there.

For underneath, I always wear compression shorts. They keep everything tidy, they don't ride up or sag and they dry out super fast.

:plus1:

Many companies are coming out with Hybrid's - they look like regular shorts, but are made of lycra type material. They include all the pockets, and look nice enough for a romantic bistro lunch, then you can hit the water with no change.

http://www.oneillclothing.com/shop/loaded-hybrid-shorts-1518a002/?color=BLK This is just one example, you can search and find the ones you like best at the best price.

as far as underneath, I wear boxers, to make sure I don't have any see-through issues, but still allow freedom (if you will).

• Like 4

For underneath, I always wear compression shorts. They keep everything tidy, they don't ride up or sag and they dry out super fast.

This. Really cuts down on the you know what slappers when taking a hard fall.

Just regular swim trunks with elastic and drawstrings that fit like basketball shorts, mostly Nike. They have some Velcro pockets like cargo shorts, but I never use them - anything that could go in them would get killed by the lake.

commando for sure.

ten-80 and cire for me. The ten-80s come in two different cuts and I can't tell on the website which is which but I think the longer ones have the "big butt" cut which my generous posterior definitely appreciates. The Cires I go up a size to fit my big arse.

And these shorts SCREAM Tennessee to me:

prod-bassassin-buckshot-01.jpg

I usually wear the Hurley Phantoms, but I have always wanted to try the Cires. Been going commando, but I have lost weight since last year. So I am going to wear some compression shorts this year to help take up some slack.

Mu hubby loves the Quiksilver Amphibians I got him for Christmas last year. They have normal pockets and belt loops and are great everyday shorts as well as swimwear (wears commando in the water). He has 2 pairs and I will probably get him another one this summer for his birthday.

He took a strap off an old LF life vest and uses it for his belt.

They are pricy, but very good quality.

http://www.quiksilver.com/neolithic-ua21-AQYWS03037.html?dwvar_AQYWS03037_color=bmc1&dwvar_AQYWS03037_size=40#cgid=men_boardshorts_amphibians&start=36&hitcount=56

Edited by Raimie

Cires are definitely good too. I have a hard time getting into some of their patterns though, and not all of them are 4-way stretch. I do have 1 pair, which when they showed up were a bit larger than I anticipated (it happens when changing brands). Since then I've lost a bunch of weight and they are now WAY too big.

Oneill hyperfreak and fox are my favorites. Underneath I wear slix (getyourslixon.com). Best boxers I have ever owned and all I wear.

2 reasons I wear boxers underneath:

1. Board shorts come off when the barefoot shorts go on.

2. Less chance of an enema or a bad slap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this year will be mostly Quick Silver. I was in a QS store around Thanksgiving and they had a 60% off sale of all last years styles. I bought about 8 pair for me and my son. Between the pool and the boat we live in board shorts in the summer. I wear nothing under them, but I do have a pair of Oneill neoprene shorts I wear occasionally if I am going to do stupid things behind the boat. Getting hit in the head is one thing but getting nailed in the crotch is unacceptable.