Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official T22 Surf Setup Thread

teamerickson

Just now, teamerickson said:

Why only half full with the 900s?

the bow rise gets ridiculous if we fill the rear more.  And it was kinda blown out and rough so I didn't want to fill up a big bow triangle on the seats.

8 minutes ago, That Guy said:

That speed seems pretty fast. Looks good though. Any of the regular wave? Any list at all? Did you try it without wedge?

no, no, and no.

How many people on the boat and where were they seated? I'm going to try a similar setup with my 900's not full as I agree the bow rise is too much. 

3 teens and one wife in the boat.  one kid up front (probably 150?) plus the wife and two other teens in the back (no more than 425 between the three of them).  Two sitting starboard, one sitting port.

Cool, appreciate it. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have like another 400lbs of people weight in the bow, lol.  I just installed my FAE this week so I'm excited to use the boat and surf with that on now.

6 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

full factory, wedge down, sumo triangle under seats + 150 in lead, sumo 900s in the back about half full.  Running @ 11.8

Shawn

your thoughts on wave compared to your past boats and others you have ridden?

7 minutes ago, dealjb said:

Shawn

your thoughts on wave compared to your past boats and others you have ridden?

Lots of push from the back.  Seems easier to recover from the back of the wave than other waves I've ridden.

I rode @teamerickson's T22 back in the fall of 2014, and I remember the wave being "hookier."  Like more diagonal if that makes sense.  But this wave doesn't seem to have that feature ... or, because I'm just starting riding this season on a new wave, I don't have a new/different wave to compare it to.

It's a fun wave and certainly isn't holding me back from executing my super-limited bag of tricks.

• Like 2
Just now, shawndoggy said:

Lots of push from the back.  Seems easier to recover from the back of the wave than other waves I've ridden.

I rode @teamerickson's T22 back in the fall of 2014, and I remember the wave being "hookier."  Like more diagonal if that makes sense.  But this wave doesn't seem to have that feature ... or, because I'm just starting riding this season on a new wave, I don't have a new/different wave to compare it to.

It's a fun wave and certainly isn't holding me back from executing my super-limited bag of tricks.

I bet the speed affects hookiness. I was probably running 10.5.

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@shawndoggy have you tried slowing it down just a hair to 11.2 or so? We took @Anderson24's advice running similar weight to slow down a bit and the wave is freaking awesome now in my friends t!!

Yup, me too. I run at 10.6-11 in my T22.

14 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@shawndoggy have you tried slowing it down just a hair to 11.2 or so? We took @Anderson24's advice running similar weight to slow down a bit and the wave is freaking awesome now in my friends t!!

what do you think my wave is lacking?  Granted I'm not running the weight some people are, but is there really a difference?

FWIW I definitely prefer length to height where one must choose between the two, and I think I also prefer the straighter wave to the one with more hook.

9 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

what do you think my wave is lacking?  Granted I'm not running the weight some people are, but is there really a difference?

FWIW I definitely prefer length to height where one must choose between the two, and I think I also prefer the straighter wave to the one with more hook.

How fast are you going here?

Just now, JeffR89 said:

How fast are you going here?

2 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

f81.jpg

:)

HAHA!

I hope I don't seem butthurt. Just trying to understand what the perceived deficiency with my wave is (and you've gotta understand, I'm running a lot less weight than some other peeps).

@shawndoggy your wave looks legit and that's great you can get that with less weight in the back and no bow sac. Interested to hear if you think there is a difference when you fill the rears completely and add the bow sac

Edited by wheelman