Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official T22 Surf Setup Thread

teamerickson

Wondering what all the other T22 owners are doing. Always open to new ideas.

I'm running;

• Hard Tanks
  • 750 Sumo PNP in the rears
  • 650 Sumo bow bag as full as it will get
  • Wedge
  • Goofy 10.4-10.6
  • Regular 10.8
  • Monsoon 330
  • Currently using the 2315 prop

I've experimented with as much as 4000lbs total but don't like to run that regularly. Sometimes I throw an 800 sumo in the walkway but I don't really see that much difference to what I listed above.

We tried all kinds of different weight set ups in my buddies T22. His wave is dialed in with the exact set up you have listed. We added more bags here and there but I don't really think it made a significant difference.

I'm running;

• Hard Tanks
  • 750 Fly High PNP in the rears
  • 650 Fly High bow bag as full as it will get
  • 350 Sumo under observers seat
  • 350 Sumo in walkway
  • Wedge
  • Goofy no one rides it
  • Regular 10.8 - 11
  • Monsoon 330
  • Currently using the 1235 prop...just got a 2315 to try out when the ice thaws
Crew is biased to port and forward. If crew is really large I wouldn't need the extra 350s Edited by Raimie

Update, I swapped out my 2315 for a 1615. I was using full hard tanks, PnP and wedge. ~2800. Short about 2 people. Happy with results both sound wise and rpm wise. No problem getting up to speed and holding it. Would also go up to wakeboard speed. Not to slow either. Surfing RPMs were about 3300 at 10.8. I'll update the results after a few more days with it.

Update, I swapped out my 2315 for a 1615. I was using full hard tanks, PnP and wedge. ~2800. Short about 2 people. Happy with results both sound wise and rpm wise. No problem getting up to speed and holding it. Would also go up to wakeboard speed. Not to slow either. Surfing RPMs were about 3300 at 10.8. I'll update the results after a few more days with it.

In your opinion, what was different running with the 1615 vs the 2315? What did it do better? How did it feel different?

In your opinion, what was different running with the 1615 vs the 2315? What did it do better? How did it feel different?

The 1615 is in between the 1235 and the 2315. The 2315 has great low pull power but I didn't like the higher RPMs and the way it sounded. Cruising at 30 was around 4000 RPMs. I liked the 1235 that I originally had on it but needed more pulling power. Especially if I go to elevation. My normal lake is 400 ft. The 1615 doesn't pull as hard as the 2315 but cruising at 30 is more in the 3700 rpm range. So I'm hoping for a better mixture of RPMs and pull.

I'll try and remember next time I'm in the boat.

Based on your profile pick it looks like your vent/drain lines are in the back. I had issues losing water until I lifted the lines higher in the locker.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50436-2015-axis-tower-change/?p=747556

They used to come out low in the rear of the locker. I wonder if that's how yours are? I could see those lines and the bag fighting for space in that scenario.

Thanks for that picture!!! did you have to make the lines longer? My vents are in the rear and in the way!

My DIY shower is also in the way lol but i'll probably move it to inside the engine area now.

Hope im not clogging up this thread... I also thought about swapping the thru-hulls for some 90 degree thru-hulls from wakemakers

post-26357-0-93098200-1427404393_thumb.j

Edited by Robert95z

If you want the lines out of the way and higher you're going to need to splice in and they will be longer. My 750 bags don't go up onto that step in the back where the ballast drain line comes out, but they are a little under the rear seats. Maybe pull them forward a little so they don't go onto that back step?

• 2 months later...

A little update.

I have been running the 1615 prop this year. It did fine surfing. I'm at 500 feet and have the 330. But, I takes some time to plane out if wakeboarding with ~2800 lbs. I switched back to the 2315.

I think my lines run different than yours. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. Mine was built just last week so maybe they changed something...

My lines are different then most others that posted. I just got my t22 last week. The fill lines off the valve were tucked up and kinda tough to get out. Did you trim your rear drain line? I did not yet because I didn't have enough time before going to the water. But I feel like the bags (750) would sit/drain better if the rear line was like 4" rather than 12"

• Like 1

My lines are different then most others that posted. I just got my t22 last week. The fill lines off the valve were tucked up and kinda tough to get out. Did you trim your rear drain line? I did not yet because I didn't have enough time before going to the water. But I feel like the bags (750) would sit/drain better if the rear line was like 4" rather than 12"

I agree. I'm going to get mine shortened this week. The long hose seems to push the bag to far forward and won't fill all the way. Then they won't drain cause the hose is pinched off.

Just installed my sumo 900's in the rear tonight as well as the wakemaker engine divider kit. Planning to install the sumo 650 bow bag tomorrow night and possibly modify the rear most drain hose in the lockers to shorten it/turn it so the bag can sit further back in the locker. Pretty easy and straightforward for never doing it before. Can't wait to test it out this weekend!!

I'm running the 2249 prop I believe and it tops out about 37-38mph and is at like 4k for 30mph, really wish I could have a higher top speed/lower cruising RPM but maybe I'll need this prop for all the weight?

Just installed my sumo 900's in the rear tonight as well as the wakemaker engine divider kit. Planning to install the sumo 650 bow bag tomorrow night and possibly modify the rear most drain hose in the lockers to shorten it/turn it so the bag can sit further back in the locker. Pretty easy and straightforward for never doing it before. Can't wait to test it out this weekend!!

I'm running the 2249 prop I believe and it tops out about 37-38mph and is at like 4k for 30mph, really wish I could have a higher top speed/lower cruising RPM but maybe I'll need this prop for all the weight?

I've always ran 1235 props in the past. I'm really liking the 2249 so far. I'll know more next week when I really get to run some weight. Break in is a pain. LOL

Edited by bamabonners
ahopkins22LSV

Maybe try cruising more at 25? I find it is a more comfortable speed for the passengers as well.

I just posted a few pics of my wake in the "Another New T22" post.

Running:

Hard Tanks

PnP (My bags came with the boat, and can't find a weight listing on them, so this could be off)

-Bow sack as full at it goes

- rear 550s (guessing, they could be 400's)

-wedge

regular 11.4 / goofy 11.6

3 adults in boat (so about 500 lbs of human ballast)

1/2 to 3/4 tank of gas

I think I will end up going to 750s in the rear, and stashing a few hundred lbs of lead on the port side under the seats and in the bow.

It's not massive like some of you guys run, but we are really happy with it!