Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official T22 Surf Setup Thread

teamerickson

Hey guys, looking for some help on my surfing setup. My wife and I are at the lake just ourselves and trying to surf for the first time. I've got 900's in the back, 650 in bow and a 750 sack I can put wherever. We've messed with it for 2 days now and are finally consistently getting up and being able to find the sweet spot for a short bit but never really being able to keep it or go ropeless. Plus I feel like I'm right on the platform to keep the rope all slack.

I've been going 11.4-12mph, and think thyou wedge helps give it a curl/lip but what else can we do? Or do we just need people weight? I'm a big guy, around 270 but my wife is around 130 and can't either. Granted I am more capable on a board than she is but still. A bit frustrated to be honest.

ahopkins22LSV

I agree I would slow down to what erickson suggested above. Also I would put the 750 right in front of the rear bench seat. If you are on the regular/port side you might want to drain a bit of the starboard/goofy side to offset the prop rotation.

Right on the platform is not the best place. Try to line up with the edge of the boat. Stay balance in the board.

We both ride regular so from my understanding that's ready a slight disadvantage. I will try slowing it down as well as putting the back across the back in front of the rear seat. Will report back tonight. Thanks!

I don't know about the extra 750 in the back? You've got plenty of weight back there. Might have an issue with bow rise. Maybe in the walk way? I usually just use stock tanks plus plug n play and it's great.

With only a driver? I'll see how it planes, and can move it around a bit to play with it. I'd rather not use it but since we don't have people weight I thought we would need it.

Hey guys, looking for some help on my surfing setup. My wife and I are at the lake just ourselves and trying to surf for the first time. I've got 900's in the back, 650 in bow and a 750 sack I can put wherever. We've messed with it for 2 days now and are finally consistently getting up and being able to find the sweet spot for a short bit but never really being able to keep it or go ropeless. Plus I feel like I'm right on the platform to keep the rope all slack.

I've been going 11.4-12mph, and think thyou wedge helps give it a curl/lip but what else can we do? Or do we just need people weight? I'm a big guy, around 270 but my wife is around 130 and can't either. Granted I am more capable on a board than she is but still. A bit frustrated to be honest.

I would throw that extra sac either in the walkway or bow. You have plenty of weight in the back, you need to add a little more to the front to even it out. And drop it down to like 11 or even a little less like others have said. That makes a money wave on the regular side, and a massive one on goofy. Hope this helps!

Woooooooohoooooooo!!!! I threw the extra sack I had under the observers seat/dash area and filled it as much as possible. Then slowed it down to 10.6 and went ropeless for the first time ever!!!! Did that for a couple hours and my wife got a good couple minutes of video of me cruising and carving it up. Also was able to ride a bit further back on the wave so I wasn't right up on the platform. I think with another person in the left bow area it would improve even more. My wife didn't get ropeless but it's skill at this point, not the wave. So happy.

Much thanks TMC!!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

That water is beautiful

Yes it is!! It comes with a cost though... its pretty dang cold. Peaks out at about 70 degrees... we aren't there yet, but this week is gonna be hot so we should be getting close...

Wow, that looks amazing. You've gotta out 500+lbs more than I've run in my boat so hopefully with a few more people mine will clean up like that. We're going to the lake next weekend with 8 friends so should have a full boat and few solid days to play with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I'll bump this from the dead. Still working on the wave/our surfing abilities but it's gotten easier every time we go. Here are a couple pictures...

20551076498_257f944b2a_c.jpg

19377060293_6ee6d2bd94_c.jpg

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

Here's a goofy wave with stock, 750's PnP, 650 bow sack full enough to lift the bow cushion about 2 inches, a 400lb sack on top of the bow seat and 2 adults in the boat. 

F4653C29-EB22-4821-AF25-852D7E7AD0B1_zps

Here is the regular wave:

920722FD-61E4-4C20-B603-AF0A47358E11_zps

No wedge for either and 11.2 speed.  For reference, I am 6'2" and my son is 5'10".  

Edited by FarmerB
On 7/28/2015 at 11:43 AM, Raimie said:

2014 T22

2315 Prop

330HP motor

Wedge deployed

Stock hard ballast full

750s rear pnp + bow sac

350 lb bag in walkway

100lbs lead in bow

Driver + child on starboard side (280lbs)

3 adults on port side (600lbs)

3/4 full fuel

Speed: 10.6 mph

Surfer is 5'11"

G0071298_zpsdpcvlwrt.jpg

How far back is surfer?  

• 3 weeks later...
On July 28, 2015 at 0:43 PM, Raimie said:

2014 T22

2315 Prop

330HP motor

Wedge deployed

Stock hard ballast full

750s rear pnp + bow sac

350 lb bag in walkway

100lbs lead in bow

Driver + child on starboard side (280lbs)

3 adults on port side (600lbs)

3/4 full fuel

Speed: 10.6 mph

Surfer is 5'11"

G0071298_zpsdpcvlwrt.jpg

I will try this next weekend - the wave is beautiful ! ?

• 2 weeks later...