Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory axis tower speakers

Big-K

Hey guys, this may be a stupid question but here it goes. Is there any option to update the tower speakers by just removing the alpine speaker and putting in a better one from wet sounds or exile, and keep the can? I don't really want to spend 3500.00 on new tower speakers and amps.

Also will this option work better for surfing than what we have now?

Boat is a 2014 axis a22

Hey guys, this may be a stupid question but here it goes. Is there any option to update the tower speakers by just removing the alpine speaker and putting in a better one from wet sounds or exile, and keep the can? I don't really want to spend 3500.00 on new tower speakers and amps.

Boat is a 2014 axis a22

What exactly do you have now, and what is quoted @ $3500?

I have the 4 base option speakers. I believe they are just the alpine in boat speakers put into speaker cans. The 3500 was just a rough number from online on a few different sites. Tower speakers with amps to power them would come in around there with shipping because I live on the east coast of Canada.

If you have ford focus speaker and 3500 upgraded you to a Ferrari setup, then that may be worth it. But, do you need Ferrari speakers, dunno? If you have a traditional coaxial speaker now, then upgrading to another same size coaxial, will not likely be worth the money.

These kicker HLCD setups are a great deal and will be much louder at wakeboard distance than stock speakers.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/8252700/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseFeed&gclid=Cj0KEQjwifWnBRCB5PT57KSVw-kBEiQASV7aRIQpv1vtFgwfIPyW-yBVZKFQ3qGOB7ek07qvxN8UoYMaAvzu8P8HAQ

It's a combo setup where on each side you have 2 speakers that work in unison. One is a horn driver, the other is a mid-range.

Edited by boardjnky4

These kicker HLCD setups are a great deal and will be much louder at wakeboard distance than stock speakers.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/8252700/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseFeed&gclid=Cj0KEQjwifWnBRCB5PT57KSVw-kBEiQASV7aRIQpv1vtFgwfIPyW-yBVZKFQ3qGOB7ek07qvxN8UoYMaAvzu8P8HAQ

It's a combo setup where on each side you have 2 speakers that work in unison. One is a horn driver, the other is a mid-range.

I have these and can agree they are very loud!

if the kicker horn will fit in the existing can, the kickers would be a great choice. my buddy has them on his LSV and they are loud.

• Like 1

What you have now is a 6.5" class coaxial that has a .5" tweeter. Also, its likely way under powered for a tower application as well. That speaker has a 100W peak rating by the manufacture. 100W rms to a 6.5" tower is just getting things rolling! What you likely need is more wattage, but I doubt that speaker will handle the needed power to make a difference. I would look for a speaker with a 1" dome tweeter that can handle to good solid wattage. A coaxial is going to give you best near field sound quality. if you do not want to retain the pods, I see no reason why you cant pull them and replace with a single pair of 8" coaxial pods and amp for about $1000 or less. A pair of rev-10 and amp is under 2K and would get you the best near-field and wake range setup.

The Kicker HLCD component setup will certainly increase the volume for surfing, but will also likely need an amp upgrade as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Great Information guys, Thanks for the help!

I will have to do some thinking and by the looks of it digging into my wallet for some cash!

• 4 weeks later...