Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I Really Need One Of These F150's

Timmo

Have you test drove a supercharged Tundra TRD? Check out YouTube lots of comparisons. Unfortunately both built in the States, do you have them down under?

Have you test drove a supercharged Tundra TRD? Check out YouTube lots of comparisons. Unfortunately both built in the States, do you have them down under?

No we don't hve access to these vehicles in Australia. We're heading over to the States this August/September, might be visiting a few local dealerships!!

The Hennessy is definitely "above and beyond necessary." The regular Raptor is actually a nice rig by itself. When Hennessy got their hands on one, they just went full retard. lol

No we don't hve access to these vehicles in Australia. We're heading over to the States this August/September, might be visiting a few local dealerships!!

Time to get creative then. Hilux or Patrol with a big v8 out of a sedan and a soft riding lift kit.

BTW Gillian Anderson looked fantastic in that episode, didn't she? Getting better with age apparently as I was never that into her on XFiles. Even though I usually prefer reds...

Oh, and never prepay Hennessey for anything if you ever get to that point. Cash on delivery only.

Time to get creative then. Hilux or Patrol with a big v8 out of a sedan and a soft riding lift kit.

BTW Gillian Anderson looked fantastic in that episode, didn't she? Getting better with age apparently as I was never that into her on XFiles. Even though I usually prefer reds...

Oh, and never prepay Hennessey for anything if you ever get to that point. Cash on delivery only.

Yes, agree about Gillian Anderson, didn't recognize her at first, very classy and sexy for her age.(can i say that without being accused of sexism??)

More to the point, yes, you NEED an F150. The six months I have spent with my 2014 Ecoboost can be compared to any other life changing event you can think of......plus your wildest Shania Twain fantasy.

• Like 2

Ford aren't sold that far south? Didn't know that. I guess you could always have one shipped but getting part would be a pain.

Anything Hennessy is bad news. Do a search for Hennessy Raptor caught on fire. Hennessy is Horrible! Worst place to ever get any work done on anything. Don't believe me, do your research and you will see.

You might be able to find a rousch supercharged raptor at a dealership, but I doubt you'll find a Hennessy raptor at a dealer. My local ford dealer is a rousch dealer but they don't like to let them out on a test drive. Ask me how I know[emoji6]

You might be able to find a rousch supercharged raptor at a dealership, but I doubt you'll find a Hennessy raptor at a dealer. My local ford dealer is a rousch dealer but they don't like to let them out on a test drive. Ask me how I know[emoji6]

How do you know????

Ford aren't sold that far south? Didn't know that. I guess you could always have one shipped but getting part would be a pain.

Problem is we drive on the other side of the road down here. Ford have sold some F150's here in the past as right hand drive models, but it's a very small market for right hand drive and so I don't think it's an economical proposition.

Anything Hennessy is bad news. Do a search for Hennessy Raptor caught on fire. Hennessy is Horrible! Worst place to ever get any work done on anything. Don't believe me, do your research and you will see.

Didn't Hennessy also do a Corvette conversion, or was I just imagining it?

Just get a Raptor and send it to a better shop. 600hp is easy nowadays. Ford probably even sells supercharger kits for the Raptor engine. Have Ford install it and it doesn't ruin your warrantee.

And a Ute is nothing like a Raptor. What I saw when I was down south was a bunch of El Caminos and Rancheros running around with ladders and racks on the back.

Even a stock Raptor is pretty cool. I kind of wish they had waited to test drive a new Raptor with the turbo 6, but that's okay.

In the pantheon of the Top Gear franchise, it definitely goes UK>Australia>USA

USA's show is still pretty young, it could get better. It will never be UK, nothing will. I really think Rutledge has a lot of potential. He's a true gearhead, and I love him. The guys on the AUS show are pretty damn funny too.

The US version lost a lot of support, so they changed what the show was geared towards. They don't really review cars anymore, they don't do celebrity test drives or stig test drives really... just shenanigans.

Which, as long as you understand what you're watching and not trying to compare it to something else, is actually pretty funny by itself. Just don't expect to get quality material out of it. It's dumb sh** that we all wish we could do, but no one will pay for the cars (or tickets) to do it. I don't think it'll garner much success from here on out, though.True car nuts love the BBC version too much so they bash the US one and other folks don't get it.

I agree about Rutledge. The guy is an enthusiast and I dig it. Tanner Foust is also a hell of a driver himself, even if he is a little troll, and the fact that he's always in a "full tilt, tire smoke" mindset gets thumbs up from me, even if he's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Adam though... no clue where they found that guy.

Im gonna be really sad when the UK version is done.

I hope it goes at least 10 more years, and I know exactly how you feel. Best show on TV.

I have bought the TG (UK) series and play it for the class on sub days because there is no such thing as true sub for Automotives in my state. It's a real hit and unfortunately the kids like it when I am gone.

• Like 1