Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 Bags 1 Pump

jslipher

I'm too lazy to dig up the threads about this at the moment, but yes, you can certainly do this using a Y or a T with on/off valves on the lines. It will take longer, but I think you expect that.

A side note: I was really happy I used two reversible pumps on my setup, because when both 750s are full, my 2001 VLX still seems uneven. The ability to add and take away weight to each side while pulling a rider is a huge plus in my opinion.

I'm too lazy to dig up the threads about this at the moment, but yes, you can certainly do this using a Y or a T with on/off valves on the lines. It will take longer, but I think you expect that.

A side note: I was really happy I used two reversible pumps on my setup, because when both 750s are full, my 2001 VLX still seems uneven. The ability to add and take away weight to each side while pulling a rider is a huge plus in my opinion.

Is the "on/off valves" required or just recommended? I don't mind installing them, but I wouldn't want to have to manually turn the valves on and off.

The reason for my original question is I'd like to avoid making any additional holes in the boat. I plan on using the existing drain plug as my source and I would 'Y' into the existing vents for venting my new sacks. I'm avoiding the piggy back system because we still use the rear lockers, especially when loaded with people, and need the flexibility of still using stock tanks without having to fill the bags.

Is the "on/off valves" required or just recommended? I don't mind installing them, but I wouldn't want to have to manually turn the valves on and off.

The reason for my original question is I'd like to avoid making any additional holes in the boat. I plan on using the existing drain plug as my source and I would 'Y' into the existing vents for venting my new sacks. I'm avoiding the piggy back system because we still use the rear lockers, especially when loaded with people, and need the flexibility of still using stock tanks without having to fill the bags.

Ok so you and I have exactly the same dilemma as far as that goes. I chose the "Drill 2 new 1" holes in the boat" option because I did it before and it was easy, went smoothly and was a fast way to pump the bags full.

If I was you and didn't want to cut holes, simply install the piggyback system with quick disconnects - and for the times you didn't want to put a fat sac in the locker, just have a 40" piece of tube with two male quick-disconnect ends to put in place of the bag. (this would pretty much mimic the bag filling and draining into the hard tank)

I think that is the simplest, most inexpensive fix for your needs. If you want to know more about using the 3/4" drain plug, give us a hint as to what kind of pump you're looking to use (reversible impeller or aerator)

Install a Y after your through hole valve and run one pump per bag. You can fill and drain both at the same time by using just the one through hull. Will just cost you one more pump.

I had that setup in my boat. Also had shut of valves for each bag. IMO if you have 200 bucks then get another pump. I actually added 2 more this winter so each rear bag has one and the center locker has one. I just found it a nousaince to have to keep checking on the bags to see if you should shut one valve or whatever and asking people to move...blah blah blah. I could go on but I'm sure everyone gets it

I'd like to avoid making any additional holes in the boat.

It's one hole, get over it. I lost count of how many holes I have drilled in ours. You can either have a half arse system that is slow as crap and you won't be happy with it, or drill a small hole, feed two pumps and feel good you did it the right way. It's not even a hole you are going to see...try drilling for a transom remote...that's one you don't want to screw up.