Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

03 Sunscape 21 LSV what's it actually worth

Levi900RR

So I am probably not going to do this, but my local dealer still has a '13 24MXZ that they are itching to get rid of. What do you all think I could actually get out of my LSV... I have all the stuff to build the ballast and stereo so I'm including both, installed.

Most of you know the specs but here there are:

03 21LSV

>150 hours

It really is mint, very low signs of wear.

~New S1W Deluxe tower with Titan board racks.

S1W Bimini

Titan Alpha2's with Wetsounds 6X9's powered by Rockford take off 300X2 amp

Rockford take off 6.5 cabin speakers powered by a rockford take off 400X4

Infinity basslink powered sub

WS420BT

#750's in the rear lockers

Port side underseat bag

center locker bag

V nose bow bag

All underseats and on reversible pumps. Switched at the dash

Perfect pass stargazer

Evolution cover with pop up cleat pockets, transom skirt and blue stitching.

Teak platform and manual wedge

LF6 underwater LED's.

Trailer is a tandem axle boatmate. Real nice shape

0EFBE775-0C1A-48EE-B31E-F3855982CCCD.jpg

03d8afed-cbb4-4bb3-8096-07de7f949241.jpg

NADA says its worth 28K but I've observed wake / ski boats usually pull over book value in my neck of the woods.

Edited by Levi900RR

Only thing local I've seen comparable was an 03 VLX that came and went off CL in CT a few weeks ago. It had way more hours, wasn't in as good a shape as mine, and had a single axle trailer. It was advertised for $34K and looks like it sold fairly fast.

Nope... like I said, I probably won't do it but they are pushing me hard. Trying to run the numbers to see if its worth it.

The one thing that is killing me is I JUST bought that lift. 4500lb's ain't gonna cut it with that TwentyFOW

I was kidding of course. We are always happy to spend other people's money. It would be a shame to part with that mint Sunscape though. (although I'm sure you would get over it really quick, once you got the MXZ wet).

Not to pee on the campfire, and it's fun to dream. But will that boat provide 2.5-3X as much fun as your current tow?

Nope... I am assuming it would be more capable for cruising. Will handle rough water a little better and will just be more spacious. Oh, and have a bunch of bells a whistles.

• Like 2

Good point on the cruising, I forgot you are up on the big lake.

With the market around here for good used boats, I think you would be around the 30 mark. Might have to wait to get what you want, but I think you'd get it. I would talk to the dealer about helping you move it with no commission as long as the proceeds go to the new boat.

Good point on the cruising, I forgot you are up on the big lake.

With the market around here for good used boats, I think you would be around the 30 mark. Might have to wait to get what you want, but I think you'd get it. I would talk to the dealer about helping you move it with no commission as long as the proceeds go to the new boat.

They are hitting me with a VERY competitive trade quote... I just can't justify the other 50G's. Season is so short up here.

$50k is a lot of money to upgrade, but I guess depends on what you want.........Metallic Gelcoat? Surfgate? G3 Tower? Pickle fork bow? 24' vs 21'? Power Wedge? MaliView? 450hp? Warranty?

They seem like extremely different boats......

Plus another new boat lift? Sounds like a lot of work to me :)

Oh, to answer your question, I'd guess anything over 30 would be great for your boat here in MN. How long is your season typically??

Levi, you ain't got a hair on your a$$ if you don't make this happen :biggrin: As crazy as it sounds, 50K net is a steal imo, that's what I was going to suggest when you started the thread, 30 for yours and 80 for the MXZ.

Edited by Ndawg12
  • Like 2

^^^ I agree. I was going to say no way until you implied they will give you 30k for your boat. Most dealers would be offering you 20k IMO. I figure in my area your boat would be worth mid 20s at best and you probably saw the ridiculous prices I posted of new Malibu's in my seattle boat show thread. Do it, the rest will work itself out. If not, you can start another find levi a boat thread :biggrin:

Levi, Just do it man. Only you can truly answer the financial aspects of the trade. If you can swing it and you keep this boat 10 years, you are looking at $5k a year + gas, insurance, etc which you are already paying on your current boat. In 10 years you should be able to sell this boat for 50% of original value (maybe more) so now your looking at $2500/year which equates to $208/mo. I know others will pick this apart and interest plays a big role but I'm trying to help the man justify a new boat..

• Like 1