Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Bracket for the WS420 SQ Underneath Dash placement

Afun

I made my own with L brackets from the hardware and a piece of HDPE. I am sure something much better looking is about to be posted that will make me rethink my decision.

I used to have one on my VTX and it was beautiful, custom milled specifically for the ws420, also it was a beautiful polish that went with the chrome accent my 07 vtx used to have.

Found this one on ebay, kinda flashy : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Equalizer-Mount-w-Lights-for-Wet-Sounds-WS-420-/251812971191?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3aa13902b7&vxp=mtr

Also just a thought, you can have someone 3d print one of these for you for cheap im sure.

• 11 months later...

Can you take a pic from a little farther out so I can see exactly where it's located? Only had my boat a few months so i'm not great at figuring out close up shots and where they're located in the boat yet.

What box did you lose?

I have a 2015 VLX. My friend that did the install for me removed the dry box located just to the right of the drivers seat and installed my eq in its place.

And credit for the picture? Because it looks like the panel I built for him. Exactly like it.

Okay okay.... The panel I did was a little different. I'll post some picks later but it was basically the same concept. I really like me both. My build is almost finished. Hope to post a few pics here soon.

It's great to have a place to get super cool ideas from and very useful info from other BU owners.... Some of the ideas I see on here should be for sale..... Lol.... They keep me spending money for sure...

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, milo84 said:

I made one to mount under the dash and screw to the side panel by your left leg.  Going to make the underlying arm rest a storage pocket.

20160218_152944.jpg

That's nice.?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jsmail said:

I went back and forth but decided to add mine inside the dry dock box.

IMG_0550_zpson3ctqfi.jpg

Nice install. It looks clean. I waffled back and forth about the door also. The reason I decided to eliminate the box was due to the fact that I wanted to be able to see the LED's on the 420 and I didn't want to fumble with the door when I wanted to make adjustments. 

16 hours ago, SURFNUT said:

Nice install. It looks clean. I waffled back and forth about the door also. The reason I decided to eliminate the box was due to the fact that I wanted to be able to see the LED's on the 420 and I didn't want to fumble with the door when I wanted to make adjustments. 

I have several young nieces and nephews who would love all the buttons and I was afraid of the mystery tuning that would be going on... :) 

1 hour ago, jsmail said:

I have several young nieces and nephews who would love all the buttons and I was afraid of the mystery tuning that would be going on... :) 

Lol....now that is completely understandable.