Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers...Need Help with Colors

Addictedto6

OK, I've been to the domed numbers site and thought about this a zillion times and keep procastinating. My old original numbers are peeling, so it's time to make a decision and I NEED HELP Biggrin.gif

Any suggestion on color scheme for domed numbers for my bu?

Hull colors:

- main: blue

- first accent: moonbeam/gray

- second accent: iris

post-129-1149219699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Addictedto6
OK, I've been to the domed numbers site and thought about this a zillion times and keep procastinating. My old original numbers are peeling, so it's time to make a decision and I NEED HELP Biggrin.gif

Any suggestion on color scheme for domed numbers for my bu?

Hull colors:

- main: blue

- first accent: moonbeam/gray

- second accent: iris

I'd go with a white background/outline and gray or black numbers. That would look good against the blue.

What about matching them to the rear Sunsetter Model logo and the transom lettering? I know the metalic silver they have listed on the order site is the shiny "chrome" but you could ask if they have a metalic gray that you could outline in the black (if that is how your rear is)

We went with the black outlined in the metalic for ours because we switched out our large sun malibu logo for a newer Malibu drip mold one. We also switched our transom to a newer drip mold. We left the rear model logo the same since it was a drip mold, but will probably change it to the black from the gray someday.

Black background with chrome outline will contrast well with the black rubrail

I had chrome numbers with a maroon outline to go on black gelcoat main accent next to a maroon stripe and maroon tower tube. It sets of NICE. Now if only the state registration sticker wasn't so hideously contrasting this year.

Black background with chrome outline will contrast well with the black rubrail

I'd go this way or 89's suggestion of picking up the other lettering rather than trying to match colors on the boat. I personally think that it would tie in better with the rest of the lettering on the boat & look more like it was meant to be there.

...but you could ask if they have a metalic gray that you could outline in the black (if that is how your rear is)

All right, what's the color of Kevin's butt got to do with what color his reg #'s should be? :lol:

...but you could ask if they have a metalic gray that you could outline in the black (if that is how your rear is)

All right, what's the color of Kevin's butt got to do with what color his reg #'s should be? :lol:

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

I like the idea of matching either the rear decal or side LXI decal. the rear decal is a sold color w/ outline. the side has light greyish/silver blending into dark grey, with a shadow outline.

Edited by Addictedto6

I don't notice it so much in the transom lettering, but the Sunsetter LXi lettering on the side looks like a pretty sweet fade combo - that'd look pretty sweet.

I don't notice it so much in the transom lettering, but the Sunsetter LXi lettering on the side looks like a pretty sweet fade combo - that'd look pretty sweet.

I'll check with domed numbers to see if they can do it. (EDIT: I wonder if I'd have ranger "visibility" problems with the fade though?)

the transom lettering actually doesn't fade - it's a solid color.

Edited by Addictedto6

Agreed. They can do some pretty cool custom stuff, I'd see if they can match that.

you guys are too fast. made the edit above - but I'll add it here. do you think I'd have a ranger problem with the fade letters in the LXI style? Not sure they'd pass the visibility test.

I wouldn't let that stop me around here - the water cops are not out that often, and have always left us alone. We are fortunate that they pretty much only bother the wakeb... I mean, troublemakers. :) That said, I still think those letters can be pretty visible even with a fade. I'd go for it.