Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Lsv Rockford Bluetooth

BryanEnnis

That's one of the reasons I don't use BT. There are a few hard wired solutions out there. One of which requires a dongle. It may provide you with better sound quality. I'm not real savy when it comes to these type of things though.

Why does it seem there are so little "good" bluetooth options out there? The BT connectivity/music streaming in my truck nav unit is phenomenal.

The OEM supplied BT is from Medallion and its weak. Pair this with the fact that the Rockford AUX, which its Y'd into, is also very weak, and you get what you got. I would suggest getting the Rockford Blue Tooth interface. it plugs up to its own data connector on the BB and is much better. Or, go with an aftermarket BT like the Wet Sounds BTVC. It will still plug into the AUX, but has a 1V output. Much stronger signal, good sound quality and range.

Also, dont overlook the other half of this puzzle, your BT transmitter. Between 3 phone and 2 tablets streaming to a variety of BT receivers, Ive seen a great deal of difference in their output.

• Like 1

I had no sound quality issues with my 2013 Malibu Bluetooth, but the new 2015 system that comes built into the RFX6000 SX is sounding pretty bad to me. It seems to fade in and out slightly and sounds compressed. It gets worse when the phone is further away from the unit, but even with the phone right next to the unit it does not sound good.

• Like 1