Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zero off for Malibu Response (2010) LXI with maliview

JarrodDelahunty

Hi, hoping someone can put me on the right track please. We have recently purchased a Malibu Response LXI (2010 model) with maliview.

We are looking to install a Zero Off system into the boat for slalom competition.

Firstly is there different options for the Zero Off and what options would suit this boat considering it has a Maliview screen installed. (Not sure if there is Zero off that installs to part of this or whether they are kept seperate?). Any ideas on pricinbg of these models also?

Are they hard to install and I want to makesure we keep the depth meter information in the boat gauges. Does removing one of the instruments to put in Zero Off gauge take this out?.

Any suggestions or ideas for what to get would be appreciated.

thanks Heaps.

jarrod

I have a TXi with Maliview and ZO - I will post a picture later if you want me to - the ZO replaces the right hand gauge .... Depth and air / lake temp are on the left side gauge.

The only catch with ZO is its not integrated into the Maliview so whilst you can have presets in your Maliview, from a speed perspective you still have to enter it manually into the ZO .... It's a real downer [emoji26] ... The speed from the paddle wheel is still displayed on the Maliview - you just can't set the speed there ....

• Like 1

I have a TXi with Maliview and ZO - I will post a picture later if you want me to - the ZO replaces the right hand gauge .... Depth and air / lake temp are on the left side gauge.

The only catch with ZO is its not integrated into the Maliview so whilst you can have presets in your Maliview, from a speed perspective you still have to enter it manually into the ZO .... It's a real downer [emoji26] ... The speed from the paddle wheel is still displayed on the Maliview - you just can't set the speed there ....

Thanks for the feedback, good to know. If you were able to post a picture later that would be appreciated. This is what i was after. Is their a specific Zero Off product you installed, is it the Malibu 3 event Zero Off Kit and was it already installed when you bought it?

thanks again

This is what you want for skiing: https://www.zerogps.com/product/5-malibu-3-event-zero-kit

Their instructions are pretty good and doesn't seem too bad for installing. I didn't have to install ours though.

Thanks again for the feedback, i thought that would be the one I needed but wanted to makesure.

Have a good one!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, good to know. If you were able to post a picture later that would be appreciated. This is what i was after. Is their a specific Zero Off product you installed, is it the Malibu 3 event Zero Off Kit and was it already installed when you bought it?

thanks again

Photo of mine is below - I did not install it either - was a factory fit however from what I've seen its not too difficult - a mate installed one in his MC without issue.

IMG_0687_zpscbb03b2b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
8 hours ago, ftlbs said:

I realize I’m replying to this message several years later. Just curious, what do you use for an hour meter if you replace the RPM gauge with ZeroOff?

Might be a place to see it in the maliview diagnostic screen.  The manual pictures are so fuzzy it is hard to tell.

10 hours ago, ftlbs said:

I realize I’m replying to this message several years later. Just curious, what do you use for an hour meter if you replace the RPM gauge with ZeroOff?

Not sure but perhaps you can set hours on the ZO system like you can on PP. I use PP as my unofficial hour meter (official on the ECM).