Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nissan Titan Diesel - perfect boat owner truck?

ibelonginprison

and 8.1 burb/yukon

Bet that mpg would have been sssssssuper. lol

The diesel Titan is for people that don't want to drive a 3/4 truck and try to park it every day, but still have the ability to tow bigger stuff with ease when it's necessary.

Around here... 1 tons are all hauling horse trailers, campers with old people on the way to Florida, and construction guys hauling a trailer full of equipment and lumber. The 1/2 tons get abused too, though.

When I was in Texas though, the truck is the "Camry" of the people. You get looked at funny if you DON'T have one.

• Like 2

Bet that mpg would have been sssssssuper. lol

That's what ultimately turned me away, especially for towing in/through the mountains. Several folks reported 6-7 mpg, which would mean I'd be sketchy on a 220 mile RT tow for needing a fillup.

That's what ultimately turned me away, especially for towing in/through the mountains. Several folks reported 6-7 mpg, which would mean I'd be sketchy on a 220 mile RT tow for needing a fillup.

My 350TBI motor in Big Ugly got 7mpg towing it to the lake last fall. And didn't have the balls to haul it up a hill with any respect.

I opted not to tow long distances with it. lol

Towing with the Titan's cousin (QX56) my experience was exactly the same as yours.... with the vride. Once we were loaded heavy in the truck with the MB, limits were reached / exceeded. Our typical tow is very demanding though, with a climb from 1900' to over 7000' in 100* weather. No doubt if we were flat/low landers we'd still be driving the QX.

In my case we moved to the excursion, but I'd bet an ecoboost would've handled the increased load just fine too. We needed an SUV tho, which narrowed the selection to essentially two vehicles -- ex and 8.1 burb/yukon (denali/escalade with 6.2 were beyond the budget).

Oh ya I remember that discussion. That is a B.A. haul you have to do and I can see why you need more truck.

For me, I don't need a bigger truck unless we started going to Shasta every summer, then I would consider it. Unlikely.

I notice that a lot of the gas vs diesel argument goes back to what everyones's "needs" are. There are actually some people that just want diesels whether they are 3/4 or 1 ton...single rear axle or dually. My next daily driver is a Ram dually...because I can. Love this new class of 1/2 ton diesels coming out by all manufactures.

If your needs do not require 4x4 then you could get into a Ford van. They come with diesel power option. I know many of us like the 4x4 option for launches and other things. Back in our racing days we moved from heavy duty trucks to the heavy duty vans. It worked for what we were doing very very well. Long tows. We put bedding and food in the truck and only stopped for fuel and well you know!