Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another F150 thread.....

saidainc

How many people have F150s  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What vehicle do you tow with?

• Ford 150 (or plan to)
    • Another better choice

Hold on, you tow your VLX with an FJ?

Its a 15 minute tow to the marina. That FJ hasn't chirped a wheel on any ramp. It goes up a very steep gravel driveway with no problem. Wife has fallen in love with that car. 2010 Trail Teams. I like it too, but I am ready to come to my senses.

16642718642_a6b2da0a34_z.jpgimage by Afun2011, on Flickr

16457547409_02b5ff25c3_z.jpgimage by Afun2011, on Flickr

Small gap in price, LOL. I'm happy to find a used truck that will be fun to drive thats not just a tow vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy with that 150. Maybe I should just chill and take my time shopping. I should spend the entire summer on NorrisMike's boat.

Both are excellent choices but I think you will love the extra power and room in the F150. Also the f150 is both longer and wider. I realized this when I went from a tahoe to the supercrew f150 and started trying to squeeze it into the same garage and parking spaces.

If the red hot rod truck does have 7600k towing and AWD, what's the biggie ? It'd be fun as a daily driver cruisin' for chicks too !

Steve B.

Exactly. Right now I have company car that I use all the time. I use the FJ too. I hate my company vehicle new Jeep Cherokee.

If the red hot rod truck does have 7600k towing and AWD, what's the biggie ? It'd be fun as a daily driver cruisin' for chicks too !

Steve B.

All opinion! I like the lifted/ non-lowered trucks over the lowered look.

I'm sure they'd both do the job just fine.

Afun- why get rid of the FJ?

Lifted sucks for towing, yet folks keep doing it. As long as the lowered doesn't cause you to scrape on the ramp or reduce load capacity, lower COG is better.

The SS looks sweet the way it is. Its not slammed to the ground either. Just a bit lower giving it that nice stance. I wouldn't put any nobby tires on it either. It looks good with nice street tires. I would only get rid of the FJ if my wife agrees to the 150. It would male a nice down payment.

I don't know about having more power in the 150....that 6.0 in the SS with the upgraded Air Filter MOVES..

I own a 2013 Tundra TRD, tows great. For better gas mileage I added a throttle body spacer, cold air intake and dual exhaust. I gained 3mpg. I learned that I could replace the stock tank with a 46 gallon tank and that's great for long hauls. I towed with a super duty 7.3 for years at altitude and loved it. This Tundra tows great as well at altitude and when not towing rallies with the best of them, fun to drive.

The SS looks sweet the way it is. Its not slammed to the ground either. Just a bit lower giving it that nice stance. I wouldn't put any nobby tires on it either. It looks good with nice street tires. I would only get rid of the FJ if my wife agrees to the 150. It would male a nice down payment.

I don't know about having more power in the 150....that 6.0 in the SS with the upgraded Air Filter MOVES..

I've always wanted an SS, and it may be my next truck. Don't listen to them!

I've always wanted an SS, and it may be my next truck. Don't listen to them!

Oh I know...and this group hasn't really been that negative about it or they haven't reached their full potential. Its such a Mint Condition Vehicle. One Owner Carfax, low miles. It doesn't have a scratch on the Bedliner. What a find! And boy does it move...

I might buy it today. Talked the salesman down 1,000. He said he is selling at cost. I got a good deal but a great vehicle. Too bad it doesn't match the ninja, but too hard to pass up. Stay tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The ss is rated at 345 hp and 380 lb ft

The ecobooost currently is rated at 365 hp and 420 lb ft. Still I'm sure that SS sounds awesome and would be a blast to drive. I have a buddy that uses that Era of Silverado 1500hd with the 6.0 to pull his mid 80s Chevy off road truck and it does fine. Terrible milage, but who cares at that point? Buy it and do some sweet donuts and post video!

The ecobooost currently is rated at 365 hp and 420 lb ft. Still I'm sure that SS sounds awesome and would be a blast to drive. I have a buddy that uses that Era of Silverado 1500hd with the 6.0 to pull his mid 80s Chevy off road truck and it does fine. Terrible milage, but who cares at that point? Buy it and do some sweet donuts and post video!

No doubt that Ecoboost is sweet. I was in a 15' Platinum the other day worth 62k. Bottom line is I'm shocked I found a used truck that has a wow factor to it that tows and seats my family that I actually like. All this for under 20k and my wife keeps her beloved FJ. I will say it again this vehicle is cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Afun
  • Like 2

The Hemi is rated at 395HP and 410TQ, and gets better mileage ;)

The Hemi is rated at 395HP and 410TQ, and gets better mileage ;)

True. The power comes on like any NA engine at much higher revs than the ecoboost, but I think we have been down this road before. Have you driven an ecoboost OJ? I am a NA v8 fan so it is a weird topic for me but there is no denying the instant on power of a properly boosted engine. I love my (relatively) gutless old 4.6 in my truck though because of how it sounds when I wind it up, so I am conflicted.

Get the SS and a supercharger, call it a day....

For me, if you can get the SS for under 20k, and it will do the job which is an intermittent need, why drop the huge coin on a new truck? I guess if you got it lying around taking up space, I don't have that problem though....

Edited by Falko

Don't be hatin...

16457856889_f94152efa8_z.jpgUntitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

Dude, Toyotas last forever and that is a nice FJ. A friend who works for Toyota in Texas says dont count out Tundras. The Japanese have made huge leaps in technology that they are not disclosing yet and will apply these to the 2016 full size. But hey, whatever floats your boat.