Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another F150 thread.....

saidainc

How many people have F150s  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What vehicle do you tow with?

• Ford 150 (or plan to)
    • Another better choice

02' Excursion Limited with a 7.3L diesel and a 6 speed manual swap and an 05' front end conversion. Intake, 4" straight exhaust, DP Tuner. Like Ronnie, what boat?

Sweet!! How is your clutch holding up?

I think it really should be:
* F150
* another equal or questionable choice

* Another better choice

I would be "another equal or questionable choice"

Cause I'm not towing with anything better, and I'm not towing with an F150. haha

• Like 2

04 full size Datsun, 165000 miles of which half are towing something. I beat her like a rented mule and she just keeps asking for more. Bought my first and last Ford in 96. Last GM in 89.

04 full size Datsun, 165000 miles of which half are towing something. I beat her like a rented mule and she just keeps asking for more. Bought my first and last Ford in 96. Last GM in 89.

We talking a Nissan? Datsun quite making cars in the late 80's unless I missed something.

We talking a Nissan? Datsun quite making cars in the late 80's unless I missed something.

They did. Although they're making a comeback. (and Nissan has a concept of the new 510, which they're calling the IDX or something like that)

I'm guessing he's either talking about a Dodge and autocorrect screwed him, or he's talking about a Nissan.

The Nissan/Infiniti VK56 is an OK motor. Doesn't really respond well to mods and in general isn't a workhorse. But the Titan hauls what it needs to haul and doesn't complain much. It's just not going to set any records. I have a couple friends that tow less than 6-7000lb trailers with them and they don't really complain, but they do all kind of agree that they would be better served with a diesel or something with a little more balls.

The Tundra is a pretty beefy little fella though, from what I understand.

Edited by ibelonginprison

$5 says it's a Dodge and an auto correct issue since he's got a bad taste for the other 2 of the big 3.

You're probably correct.

I heard something about Nissan coming out with a diesel option in the Titan in the next year or two. I'd be interested to see how it turns out, and if they used any outside companies for engineering help etc.

Yea, I like to show my age. The company was always called Nissan but they used the Datsun badge in the U.S. initially.

Edited by electricjohn
  • Like 2

Yea, I like to show my age. The company was always called Nissan but they used the Datsun badge in the U.S. initially.

Kinda like Infiniti is the "nice Nissan" the Datsun was the "cheap Nissan." ha

Actually just looked up the Titan diesel... got some articles from yesterday and today. This actually looks just about right on par for most boat owners.

I'll start another thread on it so it doesn't clutter this one.