Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another F150 thread.....

saidainc

How many people have F150s  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What vehicle do you tow with?

• Ford 150 (or plan to)
    • Another better choice

Nah, no hate here. I am a fan of the Tundra and in my opinion it is basically a domestic brand at this point. Designed, engineered and built in the US.. I am just not a fan of the price or dealer experience.

Pretty much the truth for all half tons, Nissan included.

Nah, no hate here. I am a fan of the Tundra and in my opinion it is basically a domestic brand at this point. Designed, engineered and built in the US.. I am just not a fan of the price or dealer experience.

Price? I paid 32k for a fully loaded TRD in 2010. I do know that the 2016 will have (according to Toyota) cosmetic and many power-plant changes including diesel options and better mileage.

2014 Ram 3500 longbed dually CTD, Aisin tranny. WAY OVERKILL for a 'BU, even my 24 MXZ disappears behind it. However the boss wants a 5th wheel. (To make long trips to the lake). If/when i acquire said 5th wheel, the 3500 is the right truck for that job. Hopefully can pick one up later this spring.

My wife is actually contemplating getting a truck to pull the boat while i pull said 5th wheel. I am actually trying to keep her in her Jeep. (Grand Cherokee diesel) It pulls the boat o.k., not great but gets it done. I think she would hate a truck as a daily driver. She refuses to drive mine, but mine is a BEAST, and a B!TCH to park. Although she did like my '12 1500.

Darkside, we did this for years until we finally bought a Super C 28 foot RV with a camera in the back, 7500 tow capacity and a hitch in the front to ease it in. Saves us a bunch in gas and driving both vehicles to our summer spot.

We thought about doing that, and may eventually do that but the $$$ difference between the two is too much to overcome, and the space the 5th wheel provides is awesome. It appears to be much better bang for the buck at this time.

Price? I paid 32k for a fully loaded TRD in 2010. I do know that the 2016 will have (according to Toyota) cosmetic and many power-plant changes including diesel options and better mileage.

Man........ $32K , sweet price. Did you fly down to the dealer on your unicorn?

Man........ $32K , sweet price. Did you fly down to the dealer on your unicorn?

That seems pretty crazy, what was the sticker price? I thought I got a good deal in 09 when I got my CC Ram SLT for 26K - 34K sticker. I remember the Toyotas being way more expensive - the few that dealers actually stocked locally.

Edited by oldjeep

Poo poo on the F150.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2007 F250 XL 4x4 with wheezy 5.4 Triton, 58K miles, rubber floor and vinyl seats. Trying to bargain down to $10,500.

What more can you ask for in a truck?? Fix the spark plug issue for a few hundred bucks, hope you don't have cam phaser issues and drive it for 300,000 miles. The best part; you can wash it out with a hose and tow more than a Tundra. :)

Oh Man....did someone jinx me talking about a Silverado the other day....fell in love with this Cherry mint SS....The Power was awesome!

16431990067_60377df0bf_b.jpg
Untitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

16638275002_be6b10a72b_b.jpg

16638276412_d29d7a9194_b.jpg

16451887670_80cc887ce8_b.jpg

16019387593_c5cf8d2d21_b.jpg

16451719068_71a2b718da_b.jpg

It doesn't match my boat, but what a find! The interior and exterior were flawless. Not a scratch on the bedliner. New tires too.

Edited by Afun
  • Like 1

I've had two 6.0s and two 5.3s. Both the 5.3s were older, but you could definitely tell the difference.

I have driven both as well. No comparison! I'd chose the 6.0 all day long!

Alan,

That POS would have a hard time pulling a Response up the ramp! Noooooooo!

Com'on really...this thing was mint and powerful. I am also no where near getting the OK from the boss. Edited by Afun

Agree on the condition. But a 2 wheel drive truck with those tires?? Not sure it can get the job done. Unless it is AWD?

All of those SS 6.0's are AWD...Its a battle right now. Buy used vehicle for me for tow and fun...or buy F150 for wife and entire family.

This ain't no ordinary battle with the wife. Its a ol'skool boxing match. 20 rounder like Apollo and Rocky part 1. We are only by the 10th round and I haven't ask Mick to cut me yet because I got blurred vision. The rage is intense!

From a depreciating asset perspective (and having owned every brand of truck), I chose a Tundra because of the resale. Pretty much why I ended up with a Malibu at the end of the day too.