Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Ford Raptor

sOlar17

Well, the 2017 Raptor finally made its debut & it looks impressive! I've actually found myself considering selling my current rig (2012 F150 Harley Davidson) in favor of something similar mainly for these reasons:

1. More power ( link below quotes 450-500hp), finally Ford has kicked up the numbers on their 3.5L ecoboost

2. Assumingly better fuel economy than my 6.2L, & by the looks of things, trucks are getting more efficient, and very fast. I don't think there will be a big market for a big v8 in a half ton very soon

3. LIGHT! I wish I could see the towing numbers for the raptor to get an idea, I would probably get a Platinum edition or equivalent with the absence of the Harley Davidson trim now

4. 10 speed transmission will finally released between GM & Ford, I'm counting on them coming up with a home run on this one

Anyone else thinking the same?

http://m.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-photos-and-info-news

Check this thread out. Already being discussed........

.......and, I too instantly thought of how I could get into one of those when the lease is up on my '14!!! My sister has a 2012 Raptor and loves it, but in all aluminum trim with the EB, I'd really like one.

I think it hilarious how many running threads we have about the f150 right now.

Maybe we should set up a group buy?

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 3

I think it hilarious how many running threads we have about the f150 right now.

Maybe we should set up a group buy?

I'd love to get a Raptor but even at 34 I feel like I'm a little old to be driving one. It's super cool, but it would have to be an extra vehicle for me. It's a little too poser for everyday driving. I mean that in the best way possible.

The 2017 looks awesome and I'm sure it's incredible off road.

Woops, been having issues with Tapatalk & busy with work, didn't notice all the F150 threads.

Yeah the Raptor is even moreso aimed at off road while maintaining very good pavement performance by the sound of it. My truck is a pavement princess so Raptor isn't really my thing, but impressed with all the new tech going into it.

And tjklein, you're never too old to drive a raptor! If I drove a corvette around people would think I'm a spoiled little s*** surviving on dad's money but who gives a f***? I don't have a vette but still..

Group buy could be doable, Suncor owns probably 500+ Ford pickups & it's rumored if you're an employee with Suncor you also can get a $5k discount

I'd love to get a Raptor but even at 34 I feel like I'm a little old to be driving one. It's super cool, but it would have to be an extra vehicle for me. It's a little too poser for everyday driving. I mean that in the best way possible.

The 2017 looks awesome and I'm sure it's incredible off road.

I am actually right there with you. I would rather take like say an 2015 FX4 with a tune, mild lift etc. modify it.

The raptor is too bold, in your face type styling for me. Cool for sure but not for me.

I want to see real-world fuel economy numbers

Visually I like it. I almost bought a 6.2 Raptor early-on in the first production run. Still sometimes regret not doing it, but happy with my current rig all the same.

I want to see real-world fuel economy numbers

Visually I like it. I almost bought a 6.2 Raptor early-on in the first production run. Still sometimes regret not doing it, but happy with my current rig all the same.

Wait, this is a raptor and you want to see fuel economy? :lol:

I would just assume its bad, buy the truck, and proceed in driving the heck out of it.

The Raptor does not come off the F series assembly line. It is wider then the F truck is assembled on its own line. The new one will have the choice of the V8 or the Eco. I think the V8 HP is going up also.

Oh no!!! I was wrong the Raptor does come down the Dearborn line but go's to a finish area after the assembly on line is complete.

Edited by Sixball