Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect wakeboat tow rig might be the 2016 Titan XD

UWSkier

7 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

GM gassers always run hot.

PV=NRT

when T is higher, you have more P. P correlates with Hp\Tq.

GM has been doing this for years to max their power ratings at 210degs+.

my Toyota runs 180s. Never been able to make the tranny temp even move.  Even towing 10k up grades at 4600rpms.

To what are you referring with the T and the P? The temperature of the tranny fluid, or the engine temperature?

So, I found this online.  Maybe I need to change the fluid, but I am honestly surprised at the temps some are reporting.  Both my Yukon and RAM have always run 220*ish when towing, with temps climbing higher going though the mountains.

BTSoK8y.png

Both my recent fords that had digital trans gauges have never exceeded 213* to my memory. And I have the trans temp showing the entire time towing the boat due to the mountains we climb. Typically stays around 202-206*. 

220*+ would worry me I think. 

Edited by That Guy
15 hours ago, Falko said:

To what are you referring with the T and the P? The temperature of the tranny fluid, or the engine temperature?

For a given volume, say a 6.0L engine, all things being equal, a 210deg engine will produce more Hp/Tq than a 180deg engine.

havent read the whole thread...PV=NRT that was funny. am an engineer...but not chem.  my take on tow vehicle..got a 13 Ram diesel 2500 3 mo ago.  800ftlbs.  awesome tow vehicle.

• Like 2