Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aqualed name change

wakebrdr94

• 1 month later...

you guys are ruff .. I run a good business with a great product at a great price. I treat everbody fair.

Gene, I am ready for you to treat me fairly. I have had 2 sets of your lights fail. Now you won't stand up to your warranty. Please return a functioning pair of your lights back to me. You have all my information and I have the FedEx signature that you recieved them. No more excuses. My boat has been out of the water for three weeks waiting on a solution from you. I can post more information here and on other websites if you would like...

Edited by MMI
  • Like 2

After buying a set of AQ18s for $269, they failed on my boat in less than 1 year. I called Gene and was upsold the then new AQ4s for an additional $200(shame on me). Now after less than a year the AQ4s have failed. After a week of trying to email and call, I finally was told over email to send them back for repair. They were recieved and after 3 weeks of having my boat out of the water I had no lights and no contact with Gene. I called many times and emailed to no avail. It wasn't until I stated that I would post about my treatment that he responded. I was told that they were in the mail three times. I still have not recieved any replacements and have chosen to move on with Seablaze Xs (purchased at below retail from a vendor on thehulltruth.com). Any savings from the initial cost is irrelevant to the poor service and poor workmanship. In my case I spent $469+ with Gene and have no lights.

• 1 month later...

Gene is still operating the company. Simply changed the name from Aqua Leds to Offshore Leds most likely to negative reviews. I currently have (8) Aqua 4 led lights that have failed on my 40 Sea Ray in just over one years time in fresh water. Every single light has leaked water. I have just had to have my boat pulled out again (one light failed a week after install). Pulling my boat is very costly and hard to even get done this time of year where I am located. Gene promises warranty but then never takes or returns your calls after that. Emailing him also gets no response. This company simply has very low customer service and there seems to be no effort to change that on there end. I have been waiting to hear back from Gene for 5 business days now. Multiple calls per day get no answer or reply. I am literally fixing to head down and pay him a visit if I dont hear back from him very soon. I also am sharing my experience on every single boating forum that I can in hopes that no one else has to find out the hard way like I am. Gene if you are reading this you know who I am and you know my number. I would appreciate you returning my call.

Thank you Shawn. Aqua Led's / Offshore Led's are nothing but a joke. Gene is simply a scam artist. Literally I bet over past couple of weeks I have called 50 times and left 25 voicemails. No answer or return call of course. And emails do not get any reply either. NEVER buy from this company or this guy at all, EVER!!! Forget any warranty on your lights because they will avoid you like the plague when your lights fail. And you will for sure need warranty because the product is very poorly designed and will fail. Expect every light to fail and leak water like all (8) of mine did.

Edited by Southpaw26