Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 1235

Useless_Male

I just ordered the new 1235 prop and was wondering if anyone had one on yet and if there were any fit issues.

The ACME guy said I needed about an inch of clearance with the hull or there could eventually be gell coat issues.

I think my fist LSV had a 14 inch prop on it and didn't seem to be a problem.

Anyone.... anyone.....

We built our 14.25 X 14 and 14.25 X 14.5 XMP EDGE propellers using the MALIBU LSV hull as a test boat. We went with the smaller 14.25 instead of the larger 14.5 to eliminate any issies with being to close to the bottom.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

[email protected] 800-359-9730

I'm not implying the ACME's will have problems. They build a good propeller as well. I'm saying the testing we did with the larger diameter showed more vibration and noise, in one case we did see some cavitation burns to a hull from the blade tips being too close, not on a Malibu though. So I made the diameter 14.25 and made some other changes to get the performance under load I was looking for. There are a few boats out there from outher builders that cannot use anything over 13" in diameter. We as propeller builders can tell you how great our propellers are but the proof is in the performance. A side by side test or trial is the best way to go.

I put the 1235 on my 05 VLX this afternoon. It had 1.5" clearance between the top of the prop and the hull.

Only downside was our schedule did not allow a water test today. Cry.gif