Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Choice Made: f150 it is, but.....

WakingMeHappy

What am I looking for? Below are some of the options I want, which for the most part are standard on most Platinum's. I don't need to do any more test drives. I'm not overly particular on color. No black paint or seats...just too hot in summer. No fire engine (candy-apple) red. The deaper red (ruby red) though I really like. I just want to find a truck with my options at the right price and make the deal. Please feel free to post links to trucks you think I might like.

V6 Ecoboost

4X4 AWD

Tailgate step

Remote start

Heated/cooled front seats

Heated rear seats

Power folding mirrors (no extended mirrors)

Power deploy running boards

MyFord Touch, Sync: Nav, Sirius, voice, camera…..loaded with everything

Tow package with transmission cooler

Ambient lighting

HID headlights

Chrome door handles (not painted same as truck)

A little heavy on the miles and they don't give any information about the truck. But it could be in the running. I may call them on Friday.

My '13 has 65k! Bought it with 43k. Deal was right though. I'd trade for that one I linked in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't kill me. I'm a huge fan of the brown interior.

My '13 has 65k! Bought it with 43k. Deal was right though. I'd trade for that one I linked in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't kill me. I'm a huge fan of the brown interior.

True on the miles. If a truck is well maintained the miles shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Wat do y'all think about this one? Anyone is the Tuscaloosa, AL area?

What am I looking for? Below are some of the options I want, which for the most part are standard on most Platinum's. I don't need to do any more test drives. I'm not overly particular on color. No black paint or seats...just too hot in summer. No fire engine (candy-apple) red. The deaper red (ruby red) though I really like. I just want to find a truck with my options at the right price and make the deal. Please feel free to post links to trucks you think I might like.

V6 Ecoboost

4X4 AWD

Tailgate step

Remote start

Heated/cooled front seats

Heated rear seats

Power folding mirrors (no extended mirrors)

Power deploy running boards

MyFord Touch, Sync: Nav, Sirius, voice, camera…..loaded with everything

Tow package with transmission cooler

Ambient lighting

HID headlights

Chrome door handles (not painted same as truck)

Sounds like you want a Platinum or Limited. The Plats are more plentiful. When you find Limiteds, the dealers don't typically discount as much.

The trick is to work with the high volume dealers; every area has one out two. They are probably the only ones willing to do $10k of sticker, which is what you need to get those trucks into the mid $40's.

If I could do it again, I'd probably get a loaded FX4. That would have saved me $5k and I'd still have all the important goodies.

Edited by IXFE

If I could do it again, I'd probably get a loaded FX4. That works have saved me $5k and I'd still have all the important goodies.

As with all f150's the FX is a nice truck. But i can't get it with all my bells and whistles.

As with all f150's the FX is a nice truck. But i can't get it with all my bells and whistles.

Oh I hear ya, and I get it. I have the Limited, remember ;)

All I'm saying is that the difference between a loaded FX4 and a Limited are relatively minor things:

* Power running boards

* Leather wrapped dash and center console

* Softer, colored leather (wears out faster)

* 22's

* PTM grill surround

* Black headliner

* Different color dash/door trim

I might be missing a few things, but these are all pretty minor things, and I don't believe they do a thing for resale, except maybe the power boards which can be easily added to any truck for about a G. In resale, most people are just looking for Nav, Bluetooth, camera, heated seats, etc.... all the stuff all these trucks have, save XLT.

Sounds like you want a Platinum or Limited. The Plats are more plentiful. When you find Limiteds, the dealers don't typically discount as much.

The trick is to work with the high volume dealers; every area has one out two. They are probably the only ones willing to do $10k of sticker, which is what you need to get those trucks into the mid $40's.

If I could do it again, I'd probably get a loaded FX4. That would have saved me $5k and I'd still have all the important goodies.

I would have loved a Platinum or Limited, but the goodies offered in those trim levels weren't as important to me as the others. Ambient lighting is cool. My wife has it on her Lincoln and had it on her previous Explorer, but the novelty wears off quick.

I got a fairly loaded FX4. I don't have 20" wheels or the appearance package, which is very nice, but I have all the other available options and it's just fine. The must have options for me were heated/cooled seats, sun roof, power fold mirrors, and Sync with Navigation and My Ford Touch. If I had to do it over, I would have gotten the appearance package because the black leather with the red piping is simply sexy.

All that said, I'm really looking forward to my next truck. Some of the new features that are available in the F150 are pretty impressive and pretty interesting all at the same time.