Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Choice Made: f150 it is, but.....

WakingMeHappy

Powerfold tow mirrors were not available until 2013 so you'll have to look for a 13 or newer if that's a feature that's important.

You can add them to a 12 if it had power fold regular mirrors, but a set of Powerfold, heated , signal, to mirrors are not cheap. About 800-900 bucks a piece at the dealer.

The power fold mirrors are on the 12 Platinum I was looking at.

Earlier this year, I traded my '11 Xlt for a new leftover '13 loaded lariat. I've got almost 10k miles on it, ang getting about 16 mpg vs the 18 I was getting with my '11. The new one has the 3.55 too, where the old had the 3.73???

Has a ton of options I don't need like sun roof, power fold mirrors etc. I love the heated seats and the remote start. Wish it had heated steering wheel though. Minus 15 when I left work tonight. Brrr

I am sure the 2012 Platinum was a great truck, but for 2-4k more you can get a 2014.

To set your price barometer and expectations, I put some links to a discount ford dealer that some of my friends have used.

2014 FX4 $41k

2014 Lariet for $43k

2014 King Ranch $43k

Platinum for $43.5

Thanks for the links. The Platinum is pretty much what I'm looking for but not the color. And the price is way better then what I'm seeing around Memphis. If my local dealer would come down to the low 40's I will keep my money local, otherwise I'm willing to travel. I'll quickly spend $500 on an airline ticket if it will save me thousands off the price.

This is what I'm looking at right now. The both have every option I want and even a few that are just sweet to have (like the Ambiant Lighting). How much they'll come down in price, I have no idea. But, it needs to be in the low 40's.

2014 Platinmun

http://www.homerskeltonford.com/New-2014-Ford-F-150-Memphis-TN/vd/20992868

2014 Limited

http://www.homerskeltonford.com/New-2014-Ford-F-150-Memphis-TN/vd/21557273

My local dealer does invoice pricing plus you keep all rebates ford is offering. Check out rob sight ford in KC in the web to see if they have anything you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://m.robsightford.com/dealers/rob-sight-ford#car_1FTFW1EF1EKE20955

Well, never mind. Now when I go to that link the truck is no longer in their inventory. Anyways, they have several other 4x4, screw cabs listed on their site if you are interested.

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 1

Blue limited is pretty slick. I would bet 46 is as low as it will get, depending on how bad they are wanting to sell. What's the ship date on the window sticker?

Look on the right side of the add and click on "window sticker".

Just remembered, I have a copy of the window sticker. Date is 5-1-14.

Edited by WakingMeHappy

I was building out some F150s on the ford site and shocked at the (over) prices. Then I saw an add for multiple (not the one only teasers) 44k MSRPs for 30k, others for 12,13k off MSRP. So that will be my reference point if I decide to get a 2015 or 16 in the next year or so.

So much for my local Ford dealer. Talk about not coming off the price. I polity said no thanks and walked. They run under the belief that no matter how long a truck sits on the lot sooner or later someone will be will to pay their price.

I am talking to the dealer hethj7 suggested. I may be able to work a deal with them. Well see. Kansas City is about 7 hours from me.

Some dealers only get so many of a type. I tried to buy a surburban a few years ago, local guy had three, for sticker. He was Completely un-phased that I could get a better one for thousands less 30 miles north. Told me something like "we only get so many and have to sell them for sticker". Can't blame him, couldn't buy from him.

Edited by Bozboat

Let me know if you want me to put eyes on anything at that dealer. They are very close to me and I am up there from time to time anyways. Or, let me know if you just need a ride from the airport if you get a truck from them. :)

• Like 2

Some dealers only get so many of a type. I tried to buy a surburban a few years ago, local guy had three, for sticker. He was Completely un-phased that I could get a better one for thousands less 30 miles north. Told me something like "we only get so many and have to sell them for sticker". Can't blame him, couldn't buy from him.

Homer Skelton Ford is a major player. His dealership in Olive Branch, MS is huge, plus he owns many more dealerships in other areas. I think this come down to being so big he can sit and wait for anything he wants.

Let me know if you want me to put eyes on anything at that dealer. They are very close to me and I am up there from time to time anyways. Or, let me know if you just need a ride from the airport if you get a truck from them. :)

That would be awesome if you could stop by. But there's no need until they have my exact truck. They emailed me a couple of links but they weren't "exactly" what I was looking for. This Lariat could be in the running except it's missing a few things I want. I do like the red color though. Fire engine red would be too much. This is a much deaper red.

This Platinum is the almost perfect ride. The price is still a little more then I want to pay and I would have a hard time with the black seats. They are just too hot in the summer.